These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

POD 2.0 & computer
by canibill on 2012-08-20 04:14:39

I just bought a POD 2.0. It is now connected into my computer's line-in with a cable that has one 1/8 on the other end and two 1/4 cables on the other end.

However, i can't seem to figure out what do i need to do to actually hear the guitar sound when i'm playing. I tried recording something to Audacity and it sounded just right, all settings & effects & amp models sound just like they're supposed to. The line-in volume meter in the Recording Devices window (I'm using windows 7 btw) also rises whenever i play something, so the computer clearly receives the audio signal. The thing is that i cannot hear anything myself.

(I have "Listen to this device" on in the line-in settings.)

E; I found out something new; i actually cannot hear the Line-in signal at all, even if i'm not using POD. I tried connecting my guitar straight into the line-in, same thing; computer receives the signal but doesn't allow me to listen.

The annoying thing is IT WORKED JUST FINE 2 DAYS AGO.

And no, nothing is muted, not the line-in, the speakers, anything.

Re: POD 2.0 & computer
by Triryche on 2012-08-20 06:44:06

Do you have more than one Line-In?

On some soundcards the Line-In from a header (usually the front of the computer) will not pass audio to the Line Out on the back.

Re: POD 2.0 & computer
by canibill on 2012-08-20 08:40:51

I only have one line-in. However, simply restarting the computer fixed my problem..... Oops.

Now it's all working as intended.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.