These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Line 6 HD500 use in studio recording instead of real tube amps (universal music)
by wood on 2012-08-22 03:35:38

Hey,

I own a Line 6 HD500 for over a year now and its one of my favorite gear I own. Live I use a Brunetti Singleman or a Hook Captain (boutique) amp incombination with a M13 and Haar Stratocasters

(Reinhard Bogner use them too).

The plan was to record with real amps in studio but after we miced them It didn't sound as great as we hoped for. So I used the 500HD for al guitar parts and it sounds great.

The models that I used were a JTM45 brt and a Vox 30. I use the springreverb, the digital delay, some parts the digital delay with mod and a Tubedrive model.

The mic setting was the 57 on axis. The parts didn't have to be EQed so you here the original sound of the HD500. I tested a lot of boutuque amps Matchless, Dr.Z, Valvetech (owned one)

Bogner, Two Rock (very nice) ect. I love the sound of those amps but the sound of the 500HD is great too.

You can hear the resulted here. The guitar solo starts at 2.19. You can really here the sound.

Re: Line 6 HD500 use in studio recording instead of real tube amps (universal music)
by MGblade on 2012-08-22 03:59:59

sounds great

you should try a dt25/50 amp with the hd, bet you would like it alot.

Re: Line 6 HD500 use in studio recording instead of real tube amps (universal music)
by wood on 2012-08-22 09:55:45

Thanks. I have a DT25 amp but I didn't manage to get a nice tone yet. Do you have some tips or links were I can download some patches for the Dt25 in combination with the HD500?

gr. Woodrow

by MGblade on 2012-08-23 01:15:40

strange that you cannot get a nice tone out of it, all my tones are nice from clean to high gain, but it,s all subjective at the end.

there are some dt patches on custom tone, use "dt" "dt25" in the search bar.

i only use the pre models from the pod and i don,t use cab models, i use the dt25 head with a 212 cab.

grts Marcel

by wood on 2012-08-23 05:16:05

Hey Marcel,

Thanks for the reply. I just bought a new XLR cable, the one I used before was very not very expensive. Maybe it gives a beter tone.

When i use the amp models in Full mode with out the DT25 they sound great and a lot different the incombintation with the DT25.

The drive knob is must more responsive. If I use it with the DT25 the amp models in pre amp mode stay must clean. I personally love

a clean to with al littlebit of dirt. Maybe I doing something wrong? I is possible you sent me some patches you use?

If I hear the demo of Dave Lenat, the amp sounds al lot different. I hope its possible to make it sound the way he makes it sound.

grts Woodrow

by wood on 2012-08-31 04:21:20

A video I made using the Line 6 Pod HD500

by MojoPlasma on 2012-08-31 04:39:54

Most excellent!! great tone.

by daveschutt on 2012-08-31 05:44:26

Very nice.  I really like the song, very commercial and a great hook!  Good luck with it!  Great guitar sounds and tone, almost as sweet as the girl in your video.  Very nice production value both on the music and video.

All the best,

ChicagoDave

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.