These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

amp in path B is silent?!
by p8guitar on 2012-08-22 14:02:43

i have no clue what I'm doing wrong - I don't hear anything in path B here!?!

Input 1 is Guitar+Variax, Input 2 is set to "same". A Variax 500 is connected.

Peter

P.S.: Why is it forbidden to post a .h5e file?

Re: amp in path B is silent?!
by meambobbo on 2012-08-22 14:48:34

nothign wrong with your setup there.  FWIW, you could set Input 2 to mic or aux and you should still get your Variax tone into Channel B, because you have mono-summing effects in front the split.

How are you outputting from your Pod?  A single 1/4" connection will sum to mono.  XLR output does not.

What happens if you mute Channel A and pan Channel B to center?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-08-24 03:52:37

If you want to post a .h5e then just add the  .jpg file extension to the file name.  e.g.

mytone.h5e

becomes

mytone.h5e.jpg

Then attach it as you did the pictures.  People can then right-click on the filename, download it and remove the .jpg extension.  Windows makes this more tricky cause it hides the file extension but that is another story.

Dunno why Line 6 choose not to allow tone files to be posted.   I would guess it is to prevent excessive tone posting in the support forum when Customtone is intended as the main tone sharing mechanism.  Either that or someone forgot to add the extensions to the site whitelist .

by p8guitar on 2012-08-24 13:01:32

sorry for the late answer, I forgot to activate E-mail notification.

I use the digital SPDIF output of the pod hd, connected to my audio interface. When I mute Channel A and pan B to center, B is still silent.

I can insert any amp in channel B, it doesn't work!

by p8guitar on 2012-08-24 13:02:49

Here is the .h5e file:

pt 3 mosh.h5e.jpg

by meambobbo on 2012-08-24 14:13:27

ok, there is nothing wrong with your patch or your setup.  it appears the patch is corrupted some kind of way.

when i first load the patch, i get no output from Channel B.  As soon as I adjust the Channel B level in the Mixer, I get sound from Channel B.

So you may have a corrupted firmware that is always setting Channel B to Mute, or somehow a muted Channel B is getting saved, even though it says 0 db when you load the patch.

by mazuwa on 2012-08-26 23:01:53

It is possible there are some defect patches from an older firmware.

If you still continue building on these patches, the problem will stay.

You can test the same settings (write them down on a piece of paper) on another patch you have or you can load another with HD Edit..

You never know where exactly the problem comes from: Either from your device, or from a corrupt downloaded tone from customtone.

During firmware update you should better answer NOT to keep your presets (but backup your patches before).

Now you can get sure all you NEW TONES  are o.k. Save one of them e.g. as "NEW_TONE_fw2.02" file and start editing from scratch.

After firmware update you can restore your setlists and replace the old "new tones" (if there are any left) with the really new ones.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.