These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

PLEASE HELP! Feedback issues with PodFarm 2.5, how do i fix?
by celticsfan221 on 2012-08-23 14:22:17

Everytime i play my guitar on PodFarm 2.5, no matter what tone or preset im using, it feedbacks like crazy. For example, ill strum my guitar, and out of nowhere a loud shreiking feedback wont stop until i mute the sound. The only thing that takes away the feedback is when i lower the output volume, but that takes away from the tone. I am running it through a Lexicon Lambada interface, which is working fine, as is my guitar. the only thing that is causing the problem would either be my interface or podfarm, but i believe it is podfarm. i have the new update of podfarm 2.5, and have even redownloaded it, i dont know what the problem is, and i am trying to record a demo for my band, so this has left me in a very bad situation. Any help would be much appreciated.

Equipment:

Macbook

Lexicon Lambada

PodFarm 2.5

Reaper

ESP LTD EC-1000

Re: PLEASE HELP! Feedback issues with PodFarm 2.5, how do i fix?
by hulbert on 2012-08-24 01:54:53

Hi,

There are a few things I can think of which 'might' be something to do with it. I don't know the interface, but I have seen a review online just now. Depending on what pickups came with the ESP, it probably has active pickups which are giving out a stronger signal than normal pickups. Therefore the input somewhere might need to come down a bit. If you've tried your interface's input settings with other things and it works ok then maybe its just that the signal is very hot and when it gets to Podfarm, it is making the input meter (top left of pod farm) go into yellow/orange or red part. From what I can remember (I'd have to check again), Line 6 say that the input should stay just within the high part of the green (or possibly yellow - not sure) because pod farm is built to take a weaker signal and build it up through the effects chain. So, have a look at that first. I would think though that it probably wouldn't give feedback if no effects/amps etc. in pod farm, so it may not be that.

Which output volume were you meaning? Was that on the interface or guitar or podfarm output volume?

Maybe someone else has some other ideas here too.

Also, just thought, when you record a track without pod farm, does it sound ok when played back  - i.e. no feedback then.

Also, are you using pod farm standalone with your interface or the plugin in Reaper?

If you are getting the feedback on standalone, what does the recorded sound come out like? Does it have the feedback? I suppose this also depends on whether you have standalone set to send out the effected output or dry output from standalone to Reaper, but maybe try both and see if anything is different.

God Bless,

David

by fflbrgst on 2012-08-24 06:01:40

I'm not familiar with the interface, but feedback indicates a signal loop, so the processed sound from PodFarm is getting back to the interface and then being fed back to PodFarm - check your interface software settings.

by celticsfan221 on 2012-08-25 12:09:45

The output volume that i am referring to is the output on PodFarm in the top right corner. the recorded track sounds fine by itself, im pretty sure its just podfarm or my interface

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.