These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Help.
by camp-a-lamp on 2012-08-24 09:48:18

I just received my MKII shortboard and I am trying to set it up. I plugged it into my Spider 2 30 amp and the screen just says "FBV SB MKII." I can switch between my main patches but I cannot control the volume. If I press any button other than the A, B, C, or D buttons, it takes me back to the A patch. I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried "re-flashing" with Line 6 Monkey and that didn't help. When I plug it into my computer, it seems like it works as it is supposed to. I can select a patch, use the Stomp, Mod., Delay, and Reverb buttons without changing it back to patch A; and when I use the volume pedal, I can see the number on the screen go from 0-127. Also, the green LED lights up when plugged into my computer, but not the amp. And I've tried using different RJ-45 cables.

I've searched and can't find any thing like this, and I have read the manual.

Re: Help.
by fflbrgst on 2012-08-24 09:53:31

Sorry to tell you that the control you are getting, of selecting the 4 user channels, is all you can control with that amp.  Per the FBV compatibility chart here:  http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html  the Shortboard is not compatibile with the Spider 4 30 or the Spider 3 30, I would assume the same is true for the Spider 2 30.

Re: Help.
by camp-a-lamp on 2012-08-24 11:55:36

Looks like I'll be getting a newer amp then. I love the spider amp. I've been wanting something louder anyways. Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.