These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Connecting my Drum Machine into my X3 Live for USB recording
by grantbruce on 2012-08-28 14:17:20

Hi,

I want to set up a patch, then connect my Boss DR5 drum machine to the X3 live to record backing tracks in stereo via USB (using Cubase).  Then after that, connect my guitar, change patch and USB record solo tracks as I normally do.

I have got the X3 live into Cubase via USB fine for the soloing.

My question is: How can I ensure I get the most accurate 'though' so the DR5 records as 'true' as possible (no effects added)?

I've created a patch for this, using 1/4" guitar and aux inputs for the stereo.  But I can't seem to get a true enough sound yet.

Can anyone help with ideas or settings?

Re: Connecting my Drum Machine into my X3 Live for USB recording
by silverhead on 2012-08-28 14:27:51

Two thoughts come to mind:

1) In your patch for the drum machine, using Guitar as Input for Tone 1 and Aux as Input for Tone 2, the best you can do is make sure that you remove all amp and FX processing from both Tones. In other words, use two completely empty Tone setups and simply use the Tone Channel Volumes as necessary to get enough gain to Cubase.

2) Again with the above patch, try engaging the X3 Tuner before you start recording, and set the Tuner to BYPASS rather than MUTE. I think this is the closest the X3 can come to a true bypass.

As you are probably aware because you did not mention it, you can't use the X3L CD/MP3 input for your drum machine for this purpose because this input signal is not passed through the X3L USB connection to your computer.

Hope you get things to work out OK.

by TheRealZap on 2012-08-28 14:28:00

just ignore the inputs, and use the effects return   should go straight through.

by grantbruce on 2012-09-16 14:13:39

Thanks so much - with a quick tweak using Gearbox everything's fine and I'm away with it...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.