These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Is it possible to get three voice harmony using POD HD400?
by indigobjn on 2012-08-30 20:29:57

Hi all,

I want to get three voiced harmony using my HD400 like Joe satriani used in the song WHY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6D-KwY-r08Is it possible? if yes, please help me

Thank You,

indigobjn

Re: Is it possible to get three voice harmony using POD HD400?
by mazuwa on 2012-08-31 04:34:34

I cannot watch the video for licenseing reasons, but genrally you can generate a 3 harmony tone as follows (just reading the manual, I don't have the device before me at the moment).

- There is a smart hamony effect. You just play a single note, and it will automatically gerenate harmonies as selected. You can choose between different scales from ionic to locrian.

- HD500 users can also use the pitch/glide effect as 2 path (A+B). On path A you set his effect with your desired pitch and the mix level at e.g. 50%. For path B you do the same with a different pitch. The result is 3 tones at the same time.

The pitch can be controlled e.g. over the expression pedal. So you can have set path A to 1st and 5th, and control the 3rd harmony over path B with the expression pedal.

HD300/400 are reserved for a 2 pathed patch, so the pitch/glide effect will only generate a 2 tone harmony.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-08-31 05:00:02

mazuwa wrote:

HD300/400 are reserved for a 2 pathed patch, so the pitch/glide effect will only generate a 2 tone harmony.

... is the bottom line.  Sorry

by indigobjn on 2012-08-31 19:27:24

Thanks for the reply mazuwa. The only way now to get three voice harmony is to record the harmonizing parts and play along.

by indigobjn on 2012-08-31 19:30:43

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.