These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Spider Valve MKII external music HELP!
by xAKUM3TSUx on 2012-08-31 16:01:13

Hi I own a Spider Valve MkII 212 40w. I was just wondering is there any way I can listen to music from an external source like an mp3 or ipod? I do a lot of remixing and I play along with music. Thank you for your help!

Re: Spider Valve MKII external music HELP!
by GoodGuysWin on 2012-10-01 14:40:13

I own the same amp, there is no default ability/plug for this.  I also own a Spider III 75 and there is an input designed for mp3/cd/ipod on that amp.

by xAKUM3TSUx on 2012-10-21 14:11:48

Thank you. I appreciate it. I will have to buy a ound system then.

by nicman on 2012-10-21 16:00:58

Look people before I get bombarded, this is a real way you can do this. You can plug your mp3 into the pwr amp in, same if you want to use headphones, but if you want to use headphones turn off the standby

by Poguie on 2012-10-22 15:09:25

I plugged my MP3 player into the 'Power Amp In' socket and you can hear the music fine through the speaker. Trouble is you can't hear the guitar at all so can't jam with the music. Is there another switch I need to flick to hear both?

by nicman on 2012-11-23 19:01:03

I just thought about that, no, only thing i can think is you wire through the whole effects loop, thatd work. but the only way to do that on an mp3 would be using an ABY box. MP3 into Y and A going into the pwr or pre and B going into the opposite of A. Its not something I'd do just because to me its a waste of time but if anthing, that will do it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.