These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Big Problem with my X3 Pro
by Metal6string on 2012-08-31 17:51:06

So I havent had time to really use my POD X3 Pro in the past year. However, today I finally able to sit down at start building patches. The first problem I noticed was after pluging in my guitar (after turning the unit on) I didnt have a Green signal light when strumming my guitar and NO sound. I tried looking in the settings for someway to fix the input problem with no resolve. Then I decided to check the software and it needed a major update. So i updated and unstalled new driver everything was fine untill i got to the Flash Memory, then it said it timed out. So decided to skip it and just run gearbox to see if there was anyway to fix my input problem then it gave me a MIDI timed out message and NONE of the presets would load. Can someone help me, I think my POD X3 Pro is seriously broken. I have included screen shots of the Error messages plus in monkey it could not detect my current Flash memory either. HELP PLEASE!!

Re: Big Problem with my X3 Pro
by silverhead on 2012-08-31 18:00:22

These symptoms usually indicate a problem with the USB communications. Try:

- using another USB port on your computer. Back panel ports are preferred.

- making sure you are NOT using any USB hubs (front panel port often use these internally).

- disconnecting all other usb devices. If your X3 Pro communications work with nothing elose connected, then add your other devices one at a time until you can identify a conflicting device.

by Metal6string on 2012-08-31 18:25:45

I have tried 2 different cables and have had no change, as for other devices and USB ports, I am only plugging in the X3 and I only have 2 USB's on my Macbook Pro and I get the same reselt. Still have not solved the No sound issue either.

by Metal6string on 2012-08-31 18:32:30

Just had a new problem, restarted the POD and this time a message popped up stating that there are no Drivers, but I just installed the updated verison just 30 mins ago. And I made sure to go into security setting to allow anything to install on my MAC. HOLY COW, the only other thing that could go wrong woith this thing is NOT turning on at all!!

by Metal6string on 2012-08-31 18:49:39

OK i guess i figured out the driver connection thing, I guess I need to use the same USB everytime I try to connect the POD. weird I didnt think that would matter.

by Metal6string on 2012-09-01 08:24:16

Well, I tried to hookup the POD X3 Pro to my Macbook this morning, after all the trouble with the Drivers last night. I connected the everything used the same USB port as yesterday, started monkey, and again it says that I dont have the drivers installed!!!! This is so frustrating, I know its not the cable, i tried out on a external HD to make sure that it work without a problem. So I truly think my POD X3 Pro is broken on the inside. It has never done this before and I take really good care of my gear. The only thing I can think of is that I have a bad Capacitor or connection on the inside because everything else seems to be working properly. Any advise on what to do would be great.

Thank you for reading,

Nate

by silverhead on 2012-09-01 14:18:13

Have you tried looking for a device conflict as suggested in my earlier post? Logitech webcams are the most common conflicting device.

After that I suggest you open a support ticket and work with Line 6 directly:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/">http://line6.com/support/tickets/">http://line6.com/support/tickets/

by Metal6string on 2012-09-01 18:20:28

Here is something interesting to think about, I just hooked up me Shortboard Mkii to my Macbook to try to update is and this is the error I got for it. Now you cant tell me that both of my devices have internal hardware problems(i dont mean you personally). Plus I tried to use my other computer with Windows vista and the drivers would not load which is the same problem i was having with my Macbook. Sounds like its a problem on Line 6's end.

devices have  devices Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 7.52.41 PM.png

by silverhead on 2012-09-01 19:15:46

OK - you should open a support ticket.

by Metal6string on 2012-09-02 10:26:16

I have had the POD X3 Pro for 4 years 10 months, I have had this unit in my studio the entire time and this weekend it has totally crapped out on me.

Problem #1 - Lost input signal from guitar

Problem # 2 - Drivers will load but will NOT initiate after installing and running Monkey

Problem # 3 - POD X3 Pro unit turns on and off repeatedly

this all happened in a 2 day period

I would have thought that a unit that cost $700 it would have lasted much longer then it has.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.