These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

WishList: fast, easy to use graphic EQ on all outputs
by blomasky on 2012-09-01 10:07:00

For when a band member yells "A little more treble on my monitor please"  OK, I have never ever heard them say please, but they might some day, I would be so nice to have a 31 band eq with "draw" features to keep the dudes (and dudettes) happy.

Bruce

Re: WishList: fast, easy to use graphic EQ on all outputs
by dboomer on 2012-09-02 08:53:22

You DO have a 6 band parametric on each output.  While you may not be as familiar with this type of EQ, it is sonically superior.  Think of it as a 6 slider graphic that you can put with more precision on your mix.  If you need more than 6 controls you just widen them out.

by blomasky on 2012-09-02 12:24:08

alright, I am blind, reading the manual, I can't see where the EQ on the main (and monitor) outputs are?  Can you point me in the right direction please?

Bruce

by dboomer on 2012-09-02 13:27:13

For the mains just touch the horizontal meter on the right hand side of the screen while in the setup mode, then touch tweak.  Likewise touch the monitor you want to work on while in setup then tweak.

by Sussyminds on 2012-09-03 12:10:01

I personally think it would be a good feature if when you come out of the deep tweak mode (after making adjustments to the parametric eq) it would show up on the x-y pad , so that you could see what you have just adjusted. At the moment it just shows the x-y pad without a pointer on screen. Maybe it's just me but I think I would be a bit more confident adjusting in the deep tweak mode that way

by rucademoura on 2012-09-04 17:19:34

If you use soundstage PA from line 6 you will have a 31 band EQ ( L6LINK EQ ).

by dboomer on 2012-09-04 19:55:03

Correct.  The GEQ is in the speaker but controlled by StageScape.

by blomasky on 2012-09-05 11:40:46

Is there any document that tells what "deep tweaks" are being done when you use the XY plot in the tweaks mode?  I would like to know on both axies, what is being changed under the hood.

Bruce

by dboomer on 2012-09-05 12:48:01

Hi Bruce

It's a great way to learn what it is that your ears actually hear.

You can go into the deep tweak mode and read it out.    there is not a document that lists the changes as different parameters are affected depending which preset you select.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.