These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Good quality TRS cable needed for Variax 300- any recommendations?
by sandeben on 2012-09-03 13:37:00

I haven't played my Variax 300 in ages after the Planet Waves TRS cable broke, and I'm looking to get it started again. I was very new to the whole guitar and tech world back then, so I didn't even realise that the TRS cable was different to any other normal one. I've had a look for another planet waves cable on the intertubes, but I'm having trouble finding one that looks like it'll work when I hook my guitar through the funny littleXPS mini box. The descriptions aren't all that helpful for someone who doesn't really know what they're looking for, and there doesn't seem to be much choice in the UK for these things. Using batterie with a normal cable isn't all that convenient, see.

I'd be really gratefulful if anyone could help- if you could let me know that I'm doing the right thing, what cable I need, and which ones are any good from which retailers, I'd be well chuffed!

Thanks!

Benedict

Re: Good quality TRS cable needed for Variax 300- any recommendations?
by TheRealZap on 2012-09-03 13:56:43

a TRS cable is very easy to find (TRS= tip ring sleeve) it's a stereo 1/4" cable

a typical guitar cable is a TS cable (tip sleeve) and is mono.

just any high quality cable should do the trick...

not familiar enough with brand names over there... but these types of cables are real common for studio work etc.

by sandeben on 2012-09-04 06:34:28

Thanks, at least I know I'm looking for the right thing. I can only seem to find any TRS cables on ebay, and then they're not listed as any real brand names, and I'd like to avoid getting a rubbish cable that'll soon break. They all cost around £6-8, and I'd be happy to spend a bit more on a better quality lead.

Any Englishmen out there who have had any luck?

by sandeben on 2012-09-04 06:44:29

Me asking this probably sounds a bit silly, but I might as well to make sure I'm right. Would this kind of cable work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Livewire-3M-Stereo-TRS-Jack-To-Jack-Lead-Balanced-Cable-/330764655543?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4d031c1bb7#ht_1487wt_1061

Thanks,I appreciate this!

by TheRealZap on 2012-09-04 08:56:19

andertons has 'em http://www.andertons.co.uk/instrument-cables/pid19538/cid770/andertons-pro-sound-63mm-trs-jack-to-trs-jack-balanced-patch-lead-3m.asp

justas a quick look...

by TheRealZap on 2012-09-04 08:56:54

also the cable on ebay is correct

by sandeben on 2012-09-04 12:49:31

I reckon I'll go for the livewire on ebay- same price, and it has the whole lifetime guarantee business. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.