These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Play back my recordings on the M20d
by antonioctd on 2012-09-07 03:42:41

Hi,

I've recorded a rehearsal yesterday night.

I've miced everything like we would in a live gig. My idea was to mix today on the M20d it self  an save the scene so that we have a great starting point for our live gigs

But I can't figure out how to play back my yesterday recordings! Is it not possible to do this?? If it's not it is a major draw back!

At rehearsal I've done a quick mix with one of the songs recorded. I just pressed play right after we recorded and it worked great. I got a reasonable quick mix in a few seconds and saved that scene and setup. know I just want to play it back again to refine it!

Re: Play back my recordings on the M20d
by ArneLine6 on 2012-09-07 06:57:04

Of course you can playback your recording. You need to load the setup it was recorded with and in the "Configure Record/ Playback.." menu you find the recording.

by avagabund on 2012-09-07 06:57:32

Hi

you must set the recording destination (internal memory, PC, SD-card) in the recordings menu.

For playback you can again choose a playback source in the recording menu. Additional you can choose to either record all input channels, the output mix or both.

Do you record on a SD-Card?

by antonioctd on 2012-09-07 08:23:29

I've recorded to USB Pen drive.

I've done that.

In the recording menu I've pressed "configure record/playback" and selected "SD/USB Media". Then I've selected the folder were my recordings are but nothing appears on the "Recording list" and, when I hit Play, I get an error message saying  "No files selected". 

by ArneLine6 on 2012-09-07 08:43:03

Did you have the setup loaded you made your recording with ? When you are in another setup you do not see the recording in the recording list.

We are working on more flexibilty with recordings for the next release.

Although USB thumb drives work mostly we recommend SD cards or USB hard drives because the speed of USB thumb drives can not be garanteed.

by fred7sides on 2012-09-07 09:41:58

I confirm the manipulation described by ArneLine6 !

On the other hand it is absolutely necessary to reload the same setup who recorded the gig !

I've erased the last gig's setup but I cheated by recreating a clone of the old setup as at the origin of the concert and relaunch a recording on the sd card juste to "rebuilt" the file's structure on sdcard and then on the pc I replaced the new files by the old (same name for each file of course) and it works !!

all the tweaks can be modified !

Cool

but impossible to record again on the sdcard the new "streaming" mix because the sd card is playing files ! impossible to play and record at the same time ! but you can use the main out in your pc or headphones out or maybe the usb-pc ? i didn't try...

by antonioctd on 2012-09-07 10:02:05

Fred7slides: Thanks! Maybe I didn't save the exact setup I made the recording with. But your method can save me! I'll try it now

ArneLine6: Please, really please, make this easier!! Thanks

by fred7sides on 2012-09-10 01:03:55

i've found something that i haven't seen yet !

i dont know if other people have seen that so i share

when you're "playbacking" your recorded sources from sdcard, and remixing on the table, is it possible to "set playback position" ! great !!

to do that, when the playback is launching, just touch the time windows (right to stop/play/record buttons) and a timeline appears to choose where we want to begin the playback

after, i tried to record the new streaming mix on usb or through the usb/pc but it doesn't works :-/ the only solutions is to take the signal with main out or headphones output

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.