These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

More info on using the RTA?
by tochiro on 2012-09-10 23:36:21

Hi,

What's the use of the RTA in the StageScape?  And could you please describe how I would use a pink noise to adjust the L3m speakers?  I am a beginner in that area...  Thank you.

Cheers

Re: More info on using the RTA?
by rucademoura on 2012-09-11 05:07:45

Are you asking for a SPL calibration or Eq a room?

by tochiro on 2012-09-11 05:33:51

Is there a way to reliably calibrate the PA depending on the room?

by Dougdrums on 2012-09-11 05:37:02

This was posed by someone else on this forum.

Now if you monitor thr RTA in the StageScape while using an omni measuring mic (a MUST for measurement) and playing pink noise ( which you can download and playback from a USB stick or sd card).  Look for peaks in your system and dip them down with the EQ ( which you can more accurately set with a PEQ). 

Make sense?

by tochiro on 2012-09-11 06:34:15

Yes makes sense thank you but that's still theoretical to me.  I have to plug the measuring mic in an input of the SS, then I change the EQ for that input until the RTA for each output is as horizontal as possible...  Is that right?

by rucademoura on 2012-09-11 06:47:57

Ok...you need to plug a mic on a input at stagescape with everything FLAT. The eq that you will be treating is the module in the master section that will afect the global mix!!!

by tochiro on 2012-09-11 07:03:25

I downloaded the M20D Advanced guide but could not find any information about "the EQ treating the module in the master section".  Could you please explain?  I'm sorry.

by ArneLine6 on 2012-09-11 08:13:22

I think this refers to the eq for the main output. Just select the main meters on the right of the stage and then press tweak.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.