These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

2 effects loops question with DT25 and HD500
by sdunmire on 2012-09-11 08:59:27

I've read a number of posts and I must admit, I'm less sure that I was when I started.

If I'm using L6 link between an HD500 and a DT25 (and am using channel A on the DT), what is the signal chain between the Hd effects loop and the DT effects loop.  They both seem to work.

Re: 2 effects loops question with DT25 and HD500
by hollis1003 on 2012-09-11 09:14:37

The DT is just a power amp, so to speak.  So anything in the FX loop of the DT is after everything in your HD signal chain and before the power amp of the DT.

The FX loop in the HD can be moved anywhere in that signal chain.

There is a misconception that the guitar signal flows back and forth from the DT to the HD but that is not the case.  Only information returns from the DT (such as when you move the knobs and it changes the pre amp equalization).  From the HD to the DT flows the processed guitar signal in its digital form and the information on what voicing, class and mode the DT should be in.

Hope this makes sense.

by sdunmire on 2012-09-11 09:41:48

So would I be correct in assuming that if if I had my hd signal chain set up this way...

FX loop (with a FullDrive II in there)

Amp model

Delay

Mod

...that I could add one more FX Loop through the DT25 (so much for only having to run a single cable between my pedal board and amp) that would effectively arrive right after my HD500 mod effect?

Since I'm using my FX loop at the very beginning of the signal chain, it's not available for post pre effects.  Would be great to reclaim this. 

by hollis1003 on 2012-09-11 17:03:33

Yes, but the FX loop in the DT is not switchable.  It's always on.

I would reccomend just using the FullDrive II infront of the POD and putting your HD FX loop at the end of your chain.

by sdunmire on 2012-09-11 18:29:12

I would but Ihave a JTV.  I've thought about getting an XPS and then taking the signal out of the XPS into the FDII but then I'd have to remove a pedal as I have no room on my board for the XPS currently.  It's always something, isn't it?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.