These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD version of the Digitech Whammy
by drbilldc on 2012-09-13 11:05:07

Can anybody tell me how I can use the Digitech modeled pitch shifter to go down in 1/2 or whole step increments? When I set up the foot controller I only see a percentage range on detune. Is the percentage range tranlsated anyway into 1/2 steps or whole steps. Example: I want to detune my guitar 1/2 a step with the whammy pedal so I don't physically have to detune down a 1/2 step.

Bill

Re: POD HD version of the Digitech Whammy
by MerlinFL on 2012-09-13 11:54:47

You can't.  There is another thread that went into great detail about how the percentages don't quite match up with proper intonation.  If you search, you'll probably find it with all the details that went back and forth. 

Simple answer - you can't because Line 6 designed it that way.

by michaedr on 2012-09-13 13:59:22

The pitch shifter is really the only sub par effect on the HD pods to my ears anyways.  It just doesn't sound as good as the whammy pedal.  Even the whammy pedal it did not have the proper intonation for each string.  Playing single notes stuff sounded great.  The when chords are played it really sounded garbled. 

by meambobbo on 2012-09-13 20:37:58

for a REALLY versatile setup, buy an actual Whammy pedal and wah pedal and volume pedal.  Those external pedals (maybe not the wah, not sure on that) will behave more like you expect them to.  Then you can use the Pod's exp pedal to toggle between 2 sets of parameters for various effects.  So you can use it for something as simple as a solo boost, or to control a compressor or the mix on delays and reverbs, etc.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.