These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Wish me luck, Using the SS and L3t in the premiere of my new theatreshow
by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-14 09:24:23

We're opening the new theatre show season, in a small theatre here in Holland this sunday and it'll be the first time that we're publicly using the Stagescape and 2 L3ts (as monitors) in my new theatreshow. So I hope everything will work well ( I expect so). We used it on two rehearsals and performed without a glitch.

And I'm happy to annouce that our show is sold out as of yesterday!!

Thought I'd share, since I thrilled to be doing this and hearing back from audience what their fidings are

cheers

- Hans

Re: Wish me luck, Using the SS and L3t in the premiere of my new theatreshow
by silverhead on 2012-09-14 09:47:36

That sounds exciting, Hans. Good luck!! And congratulations on selling out your show!

Be sure to report back and let us know how it went.

by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-14 09:51:31

Thanks man, I'll post something about it, next week, have a nice weekend!

cheers

- Hans

by ArneLine6 on 2012-09-14 14:18:33

Congratulations, let us know how it went !

by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-15 03:49:47

Thanks, we'll do

- Hans

by blomasky on 2012-09-15 04:30:44

Road Trip to Holland!  Oh wait, too far.  Well good luck!  I am sure the sound enhancement will be one of the strong points of your show!  (Send a picture of your packed theatre!)

Bruce

by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-15 14:38:41

Haha, , installed our instruments and placed our voices,did a soundcheck. Monitors took the longest, not because of the SS, but because of what the musicians decide they will and'don't want to hear... Beautifull sound, right out of the box, just some minor tweaks.

Hope everything is saved (I suspect so, but didn't re-check, we'll see at tomorrow final check and premiere. Theatre light and soundguy was very pleased with the ease of use and overall sound!

Gonna get some sleep, and then tomorrow the big day!

Thanks Bruce

- Hans

by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-20 06:34:57

We had a blast, standing ovation at the end and overall compliments on the show, performance, storyline and most of the 7 voiced singing in some of the songs we did.

Now back to the M20d and L3t's. All saved settings we did on the night before during soundcheck were saved and everything sounded exactly the same, just flip on the powerbuttons on the powered monitors, L3t's and M20d, turn up the main out and play. No adjustments made anymore.

One thing I was worried about is not the performance of the gear, but I decide not to have a soundguy present. This was a bit of a gamble but it turned out just fine! Of course if I took more time to tweak some scenes we could have sounded even better (i know that because I recorded the whole show and listened back some parts) but I only have the mixer for a week or so, so I'm more then pleased.

One L3t I used as a monitor in front of me and our female vocalist and another one I used as a different monitor but routed mainly 2 acostic guitars and a Variax through it, using it more as an acoustic amp with some vocals from the monitor mix, for when I stepped back at the stage. This worked like a charm.

The quality of sound, no clipping, transparent sound right of the box, nice distinguishable voices, just a touch of reverb on them, where simply great and easy to use.

Overall I'm very, very pleased with the L3ts and M20d and allthough I'm still on a learning curve I'm convinced I can make the recordings sound even better in a week or two, making it possible to make additional scenes for the next shows and improving the quality of sound and therefore the theatreshow.

Great job Line 6!

Regards

- Hans Ligtenberg

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.