These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Best solution for recording/practicing with pod x3 live & computer?
by weswoodxxx on 2012-09-14 17:40:24

I know this has probably been asked so many times, but there are so many outputs/inputs on the pod, the computer, amps, etc, one solution may not be good for another person. In my individual case, I have a destkop pc, pod x3 live, usb cable, and some decent computer speakers http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers/speaker-system-Z623(Z-623)s.

What I would like to do is to be able to hook my pod into my computer via USB in order to record, but would also like the option of having sound come from some sort of speaker system; whether it be my pre-existing computer speakers, an external PA or Keyboard AMP, mixer, soundcard, what have you. I want to be able to take advantage of the amp modelers (otherwise I'd just use the 4 cable method).

What I have to work with now: Pod, Computer, & z-623 logitech computer speakers (which have red&white female AUX plugs on the subwoofer)

What are my options? Would XLR to the AUX plugs on the subwoofer work?  I was also considering a PA or keyboard AMP.

Thanks in advance.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.