These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

I miss my...
by croSSed on 2012-09-14 23:59:49

Mesa Boogie DC-5.  I sold it and bought a HD 500 thinking that this would do more than one amp could.  Where do I begin... I miss the total intuitiveness of getting a REAL tube amp to sound good.  Takes a good player literally a handful of seconds to get good tone from a good amp.  I feel totally overwhelmed by the learning curve with this unit.  But mostly I am deeply disappointed in the amp sounds of this thing.  After playing my Mesa for at least 15 years along with various pedals, I had my tone dialed in.  I did an experiment w/ my HD 500.  IMO good tone comes from two main sources: Guitar.  Done.  I have a lovely instrument that blew me away w/ its tone when I had it plugged into my Mesa.  The second source is the amp.  That being the case, I went through every amp and speaker cabinet model on the HD 500.  I did not find one pleasing sounding amp in the bunch.  Not one.  There are almost passable clean amps and crunch (almost), but when it comes to lead tones, it just leaves me cold.  There was a certain butteryness, a silkiness, milkiness, a certain kind of saturation in the overdrive sounds to the tone of my Mesa that is TOTALLY absent from the HD 500.  My Mesa would inspire my playing.  The sounds I'm getting from the HD 500 make me depressed.  That buttery, saturated tone is far away, and to me, all the speaker tones - combined with the amp tones - sound like a speaker cab that has a blanket thrown over it, or a wah pedal stuck half open.  It is missing a certain sparkle, a presence, without sounding harsh, and a fatness without sounding flabby.  Harsh, flabby, DIGITAL are all words that come to mind when I try to explain the tone of my HD 500.   I'm not ready to sell my HD 500 yet.  I'd really like some direction from somebody here.  I could go on but writing down my feelings right now after spending about 3 hours straight trying to get a good tone out of my HD 500 has me really bummed.  Thanks for listening.

Re: I miss my...
by PremiumJones on 2012-09-15 01:54:28

I dont know whay you guys are selling Mesas and Marshalls and whatnot to run a POD.

Th whole point of this stuff is that its great for guys like me who will never be able to afford a Mesa, Marshall, Fender, SLO, etc.

If you had a freaking Mesa amp with some good pedals, why in the hell would you sell it for a POD?

YDI.

by alfmetal70 on 2012-09-15 06:02:21

Hello CroSSed; I can understand you, sometimes with the effort for do everything better you can damage that thing that was good. Well, I can say that the more important part (maybe) is the speaker in the setuo, I have 3 speaker at home in this moment:

-Celestion V30

-Eminence GB128

-Eminence 1258

And the POD HD have big differences in the sound depending to the speaker. In general, this type of machines (for my experience) works better with a poweramp (or connecting for the Loop FX)+cabinet, not in the "input" of a normal amp. Maybe the sound that you are listening can do not so good for the speake, can be good prove with other cab if you can.

This is my actual gear and you canl listent the results:

http://line6.com/support/thread/87725?tstart=30">http://line6.com/support/thread/87725?tstart=30">http://line6.com/support/thread/87725?tstart=30

Anyway, maybe is more simple than that, your sound is the MB DC-5. If you want try make sound good the POD HD, my humble opinion is: try to use the less things posible and moving the less options, trying to use the preamps like a real preamp (with not agree options).

but like I said, maybe your sound was the other setup and not a POD HD.

Greeting (sorry for my english)

P.S.:I used for output mode "Stack front", the preamp in clean is the "Hiway 100 Custom" (all the set is almost the same by default) with reverb, delay and compressor. The dirty channel is the preamp "Cali tread" (all the set is almost the same by default) only with delay "ping pong"not much mix.

The sound was record with a camera, so I am connect in this form:

Guitar (Ibanez SZ, EMG 85B abd 81N, 18V) - Valve TBS Poweramp - 1x12 Cab with Celestion V30

That is all, sometimes when somebody don´t like the sound is not bad idea prove with other speaker (if you know some models in before hand is better, because that is a big world) and the other options is: maybe the tone from a POD HD is not something what you like. That is very subjetive and depend only for your ears, the POD HD is not for all and I think that you had you rigth setup because you was very happy with the MB DC-5, so maybe is better back for evitate the frustrating period when you are buying and buying for try to find the same result with differents things, if you can back try that, if back is not the option I think that we can help you, maybe will be more easy knowing the speaker that have your amp, and the amp that you are using for amplified the POD HD.

Greetings

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-09-15 06:14:00

Could you please give more information on how you're connecting your POD. What kind of speakers you're using and are you listening through headphones? This would give those who like to help a direction to where to point you to.

by croSSed on 2012-09-15 13:24:31

Okay.... I'm a Homer. DOH!  I was doing these experiments late at night so I was NOT plugged into a speaker cab.  I was using Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones.  Didn't want to disturb anyone's sleep.  Today I plugged into my cab.  It is a homebuilt 2x12" job with a Vintage 30 and a G12T-75.  OMG.  Night and day difference.  The lovely creamy tone is now there.  Now if I can just get over the STEEP learning curve of dialing in nice sounds, I might have something goin' on.  Oh, btw, I'm using an Electro-Harmonix Magnum 44 "stomp-box" digital amp to drive my cab.  It works really nice.  Any advice for simplifying dialing stuff in?  I downloaded the HD 500 owners manual and printed it.  LOL!  How many pages is it??? Holy cow.  I burned through an entire printer cartridge.  It is simply too much, and I don't learn things well by reading how to do it.  I need to have someone show me how, and then do it.  I wish I could take an 8 hour class on using it?  Oh well.  Thanks for any other thoughts/tips/wooden nickles/etc.   <=D

by silverhead on 2012-09-15 13:55:29

Although this is more reading you may find these guides, written by HD500 users, to be helpful:

http://line6.com/support/thread/77774">http://line6.com/support/thread/77774">http://line6.com/support/thread/77774 (thanks to MerlinFL)

http://line6.com/support/thread/77774">http://line6.com/support/thread/77774">http://line6.com/support/thread/77774 (thanks to meambobbo)

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-09-15 14:34:08

OK so your using it with a power AMP (magnum 44). Initially I suggest using the PREAMP model in the HD as you already know each amp  model in the HD has a PREAMP corressponding Model that doesn't have the Power amp simulated in cases where you will provide the power amp. Second I say be very mindful of the "input setting in the POD. There's a sigfiicant difference when you chose Input 1: Guitar, Input 2:same or guitar verses input 1 guitar ., input 2 Variax. There's has been some sort of  consenses around here that for clearer sound use option Variax for input 2. It doesn't mean not to use Guitar for iNput one and two at the same time because that provides some sort of boost to the input of the simulated amp and makes it disort sooner, It's just a different sound and you should be aware that the huge signficance one makes over the other, your ears will tell you. I use different options on different patches but I like the variax option for input 2 for clear distortion sounds...

when you use the PREAMP models there's no power amp distortion simulated and this can be suitable for many metal style sounds not that you can't get good metal tones with the Ful amp simulation. When you use the full amp there are in the amp panel, addional parameters for sag, hum and bias excursion.

For clear tight sound lower the Sag and bias excursion, Be aware of these parameters and use them spcially the level of master volume. If you really need  a very tight sound and don't mind getting your distortion from simulated overdrive,  you can max out the master volume (next to sag, Hum, and not the unit volum) and completely lower the Preamp and instead use one of the dirt boxes such as the "LINE 6 Drive". I do that with the 800 simulation and it gets that super tight 80s metal tone. don't be afraid to use 2 over drives in a row, I like to use the "over drive">"Line 6 Drive">tube compressor o push a "Preamp model such 9/15, Dr Z" to get an all purpuse Rock/Metal tone (if you're going direct try the 4x12 XXL cab with this combination. on the hand, if you like to get your distortion from the AMP simulated than lower your master volume to tighten the sound... and increase your preamp gain.

..Just a few ideas to get you to try one approach and realize that there are many valid approaches and paths that you can take, this happened to be one of the things that I find myself doing a lot with the drive chaining etc...

by meambobbo on 2012-09-15 16:47:54

Hey looks like you doubled links to Merlin's start up guide.

Mine is here:

http://www.foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide

by silverhead on 2012-09-15 17:12:11

Sorry, meambobbo - my finger trouble. Thanks for posting the correct link.

... and btw croSSed - if you do find meambobbo's guide helpful, please consider making a small donation so that he is encouraged to keep his good work up-to-date.

by PremiumJones on 2012-09-15 20:39:39

I miss my Dumble, sold it to use a metal zone into a TV....

:O

by croSSed on 2012-09-15 22:23:16

DeanDinosaur - Really appreciate your well thought out response, however... You totally spoke over my head.  I don't know what you are talking about.  The problem right now I have with the HD 500 is that I am a good guitar player.  I play guitar.  I want to plug into a rig, move a couple of knobs, and get a good, inspiring tone.  What you describe is for someone who is a gear head, who likes to program stuff.  Dude... I just want to plug in and play, ya know?  I'm in a situation right now where I think about playing guitar and then I remember, "oh yeah.  I don't have an amp anymore.  I have to figure out how to program a computer before I can play.  F--k it.  Guess I'll play video games."  Don't have the aptitude nor patience for this thing.  If it can be SIMPLIFIED I might get into it.  Sag?  Input 2/Variax? Bias excursion?  WTF?????  I think I seriously need an 8 hour hands-on class that I can take to get a handle on how to use this thing.  = (

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-09-16 03:22:27

Instead of takin an 8 hours class  and since you're willing to invest 8 hours, I say read the manual in less than 8 hours and you will fugure it out. Also  donwloand the computer Editor, it's much easier than video games. I assure you.. Also  you seem to be a good candidate for an HD300/400 and not an HD500 as the HD300 and 400 are more plug and play, so I'm not sure how you chose or who helped you chose the HD500 regardless, if you're able to operate and play video games, you definitely have the aptitude and all it takes to figure the HD500 very quickly, not only that, you're first message on this board was marked as a question, which indicates that you seem to figure things very quickly. there are many firtst posts that aren't marked asa questions;  you're a head of the game in your reading and observation skills, so if you want to figure it you will.

by chimp_spanner on 2012-09-16 05:30:18

I think you're overcomplicating this croSSed. Programming a computer and dialling in a patch with the POD are a million miles apart, with all due respect Break the POD down into the fewest number of parts and look at each one in turn. The POD flows like so:

Input -> FX Block(s) -> Amp -> Mixer -> Output

Five parts, all very easy to use.

Input

At it's most simple you can just plug your guitar in and go, but just be aware there ARE options here that affect the guitar before it reaches the stomps and amps. You don't have to tweak them, but it's good to know they're there and what they do. I would say it's pretty safe to ignore this for now but read the PDF manual at some point to find out what's in there.

FX Block(s)

There are 8 blank blocks, but they all work the same. So once you understand one, you've understood them all. The four rotary controls under the screen will always work the same way.

Rotary 1: Effect Category (Dynamics, Distortion, Modulation, etc.)

Rotary 2: Effect Type (Effect within chosen category i.e. Compressor, Tube Screamer, Flanger, etc.)

Rotary 3: Parameter (Which knob of the chosen effect you want to control)

Rotary 4: Value (The position of the knob you chose with Rotary 3).

You can pick them up and move them anywhere  you like. Some effects work better pre amp, others work better post. But there are no rules. Do whatever sounds right.

Amp

At it's most basic, all you have to do is pick an amp, pick a cab, pick a microphone and go. Yes, there ARE a lot of extra controls, especially with the new firmware, but while I understand them all I don't usually use them. 9/10 you can do everything you want with the traditional amp controls, and a bit of tone shaping before the amp. Look at the extra controls as taking the casing off your real amp and tinkering with it. It's not the FIRST thing you'd learn to do upon getting your amp, but it's useful to know how to do at some point. Again, it's all in the PDF dude.

Mixer

Only relevant in dual tone setups. You can adjust the balance and panning between two signal chains here. But focus on single tone first.

Output

Again, the most basic setup is to just plug straight into headphones or speakers and play. There are other options here but you can learn about them as you need them in the PDF. The most crucial settings relate to whether you're plugging into a desk/PA/etc. or into a power amp.

Any advice beyond that really depends on what kind of tone you're after (as you haven't really said). But there are some very simple tips that work in the majority of cases, and you'll see these approaches duplicated in real amp setups also.

Pre Distortion Shaping

Most if not all high gain players will have EQ and/or distortion before their amp. If you're finding your tone is a bit woolly or fuzzy, chuck in a Tube Screamer set to low gain (10% or so) and roll off the bass to about 30-40%. You'll notice a huge improvement in the tightness and clarity of the sound straight away, especially with low tunings (I use 7 and 8 strings). You can also use the "cocked wah" technique or use the Q Filter effect as a high pass. There are a lot of options. The tube screamer is a favourite though. Meambobbo's guide is really great, if not hefty. So grab yourself a tea/coffee and dive through it some time as he covers this and a lot more.

Amp/Cab Settings

Tame the gain - too much of it will just muddy things up all too quickly and pick attack will suffer. I find the best approach is to keep it in upper mid gain territory and then "push" or drive it harder using stomps such as the Tube Screamer, an overdrive pedal, compressor, etc. For warmth I like to combine high treble/presence settings with the off axis mic setting. The condensers also work well too. This way you get a top end sparkle but a natural low pass effect so it's not too harsh on the ears.

I also like to keep the bass on the amp relatively high, but cut the bass going *in* to the amp instead. That way you get to keep a lot of the body and fullness of the cab without having woolly/mushy pick attack.

Post Distortion Shaping

Any tone issues that can't be fixed before the amp with stomps, can be fixed afterwards. Some amp/cab/mic combos are naturally heavy in certain areas of the frequency spectrum. The Parametric EQ effect is a good one to use, as you can target specific frequencies and cut them out (or boost them). If this is something you don't understand, you'll need to go do some reading on EQ basics. It is not too much to expect guitarists to know this stuff now. Unless you have roadies and techs, you have to get your hands dirty from time to time

One last thing to remember is that a lot of people unfairly compare a POD to the sound of their amp through a cab and directly into their ears. The POD is not meant to replicate that. It's supposed to be the sound of an amp through a cab into a microphone. Mic up a real amp and cab and a lot of the "magic" of that sound is lost in the process of recording it, and you'll soon be faced with a lot of the same problems (if not more, because then you'll have to learn correct mic'ing technique, not to mention invest in decent microphones, pre-amps, sound isolation, etc.).

I do plan on doing some videos, as I get asked a lot about my tones on account of my solo (and now live/touring) project which is all POD powered. Until then all I can recommend is that you ditch the idea that the POD is a computer and needs to be "programmed" as it's just gonna put you on a bad footing. Grab a drink, get comfy, have the PDF manual open on your screen ready to search for stuff you don't understand, and just tackle it a bit at a time. Even if it DID take you 8 hours, what's 8 hours compared to having to buy real world equivalents of everything contained in the HD? Stick with it man. It's worth it. I say this having completed a N. American tour with nothing more than one guitar and an HD500 and matching real amps (and Axe FX's) in terms of my sound quality.

Good luck

by croSSed on 2012-09-16 20:34:15

Awsome support on this site.  Thanks for the help, guys!

by meambobbo on 2012-09-17 09:09:33

i understand the frustration with the learning curve - there are some unintuitive things about it.  but you didn't pick up a guitar and start shredding either.  there's a learning curve.  the more anything does generally the longer it takes to get used to it.  hang in there.

as far as the power amp DEP's go, don't worry about those right off the bat.  You wouldn't start tweaking them on a real amp - you'd have to get your amp modded to change most of them, other than Master Volume and possibly Bias.  Use them to get from 99% to 100% of where you want your tone to be.  And as you get a feel for what they actually do, you'll know when you should or shouldn't tweak them, and in what direction.

by phil_m on 2012-09-17 09:39:51

Honestly, if you hate tweaking and delving into the details that much you may have been better off with the HD300 or 400. I think your comment kind of illustrates why Line 6 broke the HD product line up the way it did. They're trying to be all things to all people, and that's a difficult balance to achieve.

After reading your original post in this thread and some of your later comments, I guess my question for you would be what persuaded you to buy the HD500 in the first place? You seemed to be happy with your amp setup to a degree, but there must have been something that pushed you towards the HD500.

I guess in addition to the advice given here already, I would say that rather than trying to do everything all at once, the way to approach a modeler at first is to limit your choices. Stick to one or two amp models, and get them to sound good and then add effects. Trying to make all the amp models sound the way you want is a sure way to get frustrated.

by Captain_Sensible on 2012-09-17 19:23:33

+1

This is too funny and too true.

I miss my Pod HD500 (which I sold) and my Pod HD desktop (which I traded back in).  I'm completely Line 6-less these days and it kind of bums me out. 

by MerlinFL on 2012-09-17 20:29:08

I am hoping I can start a subscription based or per incident based video tutorial/problem resolution service.  I have no idea if anyone would actually pay for something most can get here free, but I'll never know unless I try.  I have several very good people that are encouraging me to give this a shot and perhaps might even work with me that have similar and also differing knowledge, experience, and suggestions on how to get from point A to B, or resolve a problem, or even like the gentleman who started this thread - just to get this high tech Line 6 gear up and running in a way that makes each user happy with their purchase.

Meambobbo has some great instructive docs - especially for the heavier sounds.

But all this gear can do so many things if you have one or more of the "Dream Rig combination...a JTV guitar, a POD HD500/PRO unit, and a DT50/25 amp.  This is not even taking other gear into consideration and just touching the tip of a very big iceberg that is the combination of these pieces.  The heart of all this gear is obviously the POD HD500 or HD PRO unit and these are by far the most complex with the most possible set up configurations.  Everything is adjustable from the input through multiple signal paths and then into a huge variety of output set ups into the DT amp via L6 Link, or into any other solid state/tube guitar amp, or into a solid state tube or plain power plant into one or more cabs with all sorts of speaker options.....WHEW!!!

I've had over two years with the POD HD500 and about 18 months with the POD HD PRO.  I've been fortunate enough to have been part of the Beta teams for all the gear in the Dream Rig and got a bit more insight on how things started and finalized.  However, I wish to make note that the Beta experience while certainly flattering and productive, it honestly did not give me any more personal knowledge of HOW this gear works.  After all , the gear was finalized to what it is now at 2.02 for the POD HD units and 1.82 for the JTV and I'm not sure what is the most recent public DT50/25 amp software...but in any case - it really does take quite a bit of learning.  This - I've said numerous times on numerous posts - "This is NOT a plug & play piece of gear.  Anyone buying this equipment should be ready and willing to spend the time it takes to get to know all the POD HD500 & HD PRO units can do."

Someone else posted an excellent point about just a small portion of the work involved to truly assess exactly how this gear can work for each person who is interested.  Sadly, there truly are no "shortcuts" and even downloading tons of patches, bundles, etc. from Customtone.com which I always recommend as a helpful starting pint for those frustrated like the original poster here just getting some workable patches that can be much easily adjusted to all the variables we each want or need for our guitar work however we each use the gear.

As much as passed between myself and Line 6, I'll NOT throw them completely under the bus because they CHOSE to design two top of the line "Flagship" units that are not for those who have no desire to spend countless hours upon hours dialing in, testing, trying, tweaking, finalizing - and then do it all again until you get the sound you are after.

As an example of my first experience with Line 6 gear, I bought the original Vetta 2x12 300watt combo.  I literally sat in my room with that amp sitting next to my Marshall Plexi (4-input jump jack with no variac, but a power brake between head and the sweetest Ampeg 4x12 cab I filled with 16 ohm 25w Greenbacks which I wired in parallel to achieve a 4 ohm cabinet load), Marshall Silver Jubilee and Marshall 30th Anniversary heads both with 1960B 4x12 cabs (due to the better low end response from the internal standing waves inside the straight B cab instead of the thinner sounding A top cab all using my 1972 LP Standard I've had for decades.  I never took the Vetta amp to a single gig until I created a patches that could mimic all of these Marshall amps that I had been playing for a long time especially the Plexi.

It took me two solid months of setting, testing, tweaking...repeating...and what I found to get that open back combo to sound like my closed back Marshall heads with 4x12 cabs was to use dual amp patches.  There are even a Silver J, a Plexi, and in the final Vetta release the Model 2000 which is about as close to the 30th Anniversary 2.5 channel head amp models Line 6 put into the Vetta software along with a total of 80 amp/cab models including the whole spectrum of Line 6 original amp models.  Nearly none of the individual models had all the characteristics I got from my Marshalls.  But I found when using two - even if neither were a Marshall modeled amp, I was able to get as close as a bunch of computer chips in a 2x12 open back cab with solid state power could ever get.  And my reaction was confirmed at my first gig and all the guitar players noticed I had an amp none of them had ever seen before, plus the non-guitar players/audience had nothing but compliments about my ability to get all sorts of sounds that were needed to cover all the variety of music and bands I was now able to do that I could never truly do with all of my Marshalls put together.

I've certainly rambled long enough yet again, but I wanted to share my personal experience with the original poster of this thread and any others who have chosen to read all posts written here.  If any here want simple plug and play and give that money to Line 6, then just buy a DT50 or 25 in whatever configuration you like best.  Plug in your guitar and any stomps boxes, and you'll be extremely happy.  The DT amp on it's own with multiple configurations is one of the best products to come from Line 6 since the Vetta in my opinion.  Plug & play (the DT amps have a tiny learning curve) add whatever FX to the loop or to the input...add a guitar...and you're good to go.

by MerlinFL on 2012-09-17 20:36:06

phil_m wrote:

After reading your original post in this thread and some of your later comments, I guess my question for you would be what persuaded you to buy the HD500 in the first place? You seemed to be happy with your amp setup to a degree, but there must have been something that pushed you towards the HD500.

I read his reason why he did what he did - he wanted more amp choices and that is what lead him to buying the POD HD500.

I guess in addition to the advice given here already, I would say that rather than trying to do everything all at once, the way to approach a modeler at first is to limit your choices. Stick to one or two amp models, and get them to sound good and then add effects. Trying to make all the amp models sound the way you want is a sure way to get frustrated.

I could not agree more with this statement.  I did my work that after quickly realizing this POD HD500 unit was not anything like my Vetta other than it was modeling amps from the real world.  I got very fustrated for a few months and had to walk away.  I thought after all my experience with a few pieces of modeling pieces of Line 6 gear (Spiders & previous POD pedalboards), that I'd be well-equipped to handle anything new.  Wow, was I wrong about that thinking.  New design really meant...new design!

I hope all these posts help you and anyone else who chooses to find and read all that is here.

by litesnsirens on 2012-09-18 00:54:38

If I can add anything to this, as one "I love my tube amp - gone modeller guy" to another, it's that the time invested in learning these things is worth it.  In fact, very soon you will reach the point where dialling in tones is as fun as playing.  I've spent entire days at it, not because it took that long but because I was having that much fun.  You get a new sound, you noodle with it, totally  inspired but the novelty of a sound you haven't messed with before.  Tweak it a bit more, it turns into something even better and you noodle some more.  It becomes an art, in and of itself, and once you have established a good bunch of useable tones, you'll still want and search for more.  Because you can, because you know they are in there.  In my experience, the cabinent DEP's specifically the "Low Cut", is your friend.  It takes the boominess out of some of the cabinets and gives them a more focused sound.

by geriatric on 2012-09-18 02:41:35

Hey CroSSed, this thread is all about what I like about this forum ..... great help from guys that are prepared to put in the time to help and encourage.  I've learned so much from these blokes.  When you're almost 63 like me and still wanting to expand your sonic capabilities you need all the advice you can get.  I bought the "dream rig" (HD500, JTV, DT25 and DT50) so you can imagine my learning curve.  Sometimes in feels like you're treading water but then the breakthru comes when a bit more info onthis forum nails the missing piece that's been frustrating forward movement.

To all those that dive in to help (you know who you are) .... thanks from me. Still miss seeing Nick's wisdom!

by croSSed on 2012-09-21 21:46:42

Here's another question: Is there a website out there that is dedicated to sharing settings for getting specific tones of other players?  Say, for instance, I wanted to capture Eddie Van Halen's tone on the studio version of "Eruption."  Is there a place I can go to get the settings?  I'm also interested in capturing Alex Lifeson's tones in the pre- Exit Stage Left albums.

by PremiumJones on 2012-09-23 00:56:22

I miss my Ferrari F350. I sold it to drive a rickshaw pulled by a team of mice.

by kevanprince on 2012-12-04 10:04:58

Use the line6 customtone site. It has all the settings you could ask for. Though in fairness, you'll still likely want to tweak any tones you download to your own taste.

by BeerHump on 2012-12-04 21:40:00

Hahahah! Nice  . . .

But back to CroSSed's dilema, I can totally relate to what appears to be an overwheleming amount of info to wade through and an even more daunting array of settings within the POD to come to grips with. And you freel like a dumbass because everyone's talking about things you have no experience with an so on. BUT, it really isn't as horrible as it seems and as soon as you build your first simple patch it pretty much all starts to fall into place. Stick with it! You won't be disappointed!

Keep posting questions. No-one's gonna bag you for it. The dudes on this site are fantastic. And check out meanbobbo's site. Very good!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.