These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

loaded setup- monitors dead?!
by eccofive on 2012-09-16 10:33:54

hi there.

i just had a little problem with my m20d today.

after the soundcheck i saved the setup to my m20d. after two hours of playing there was a guitarplayer who came up to the stage as we took a little break to sing and play a little.

so i changed a few settings for him but didnt save them.

as we were back on stage i loaded up the scene i saved when we finished the soundcheck. but the monitor levels were completely down so we had to rearrange the monitoring

while the crowd stared at us. :-D

after the gig, i saved the settings (with the reaarenged monitor settings!!) and loaded up an older setting. worked fine so far. but when i got back to the new setup the monitor levels

where, again, down.

what did i do wrong?! anybody had the same issue?

Re: loaded setup- monitors dead?!
by ArneLine6 on 2012-09-16 17:52:22

Hi Eccofive,

When you recall a setup the output levels are always down. We did this because it prevents any accidents. Of course this can be also very undesired. We will give an option to include the output levels in a future firmware update.

Doing any adjustments in front of an audience is definately not desireable.

by eccofive on 2012-09-16 23:53:23

...indeeeeeed! :-)

but i play in a rockabilly band and as long as i'm adjusting the monitors the other guys tell jokes, comb their hair or drop their pants.

so the audience never gets bored! hahahaha!

but thanks for the answer. i would be very happy if you could change this issue in the future!

by choffer74 on 2012-10-31 04:23:48

'comb their hair or drop their pants.'

i'll remember to suggest that to our pastor when our church gets an m20d!

by Dougdrums on 2012-10-31 20:54:33

monitor levels being down arent a bad thing, if youre using a different amp at a different level for the monitors it will not be the same.  however, would be good to have an indicator to show where they were at previasly , if possible. 

by Chrissparky on 2012-10-31 22:47:23

Just a thought for line 6 software engineers

Would it not be possible for the SS just to mute the monitor outputs when scenes are recalled. It would only take a couple of seconds to un-mute the monitor outputs but monitor mix would be as previously set.

by eccofive on 2012-11-12 07:53:46

well...

we just played 2 gigs where i couldn't use the m20d. we had to do the soundcheck in the morning and played 12 hours later.

i didn't want the m20d to run the whole time. but if i turned it off, we had to re-adjust the monitors in front of the audience. that's pretty unprofessional!

so i used our older mixer for these jobs. i'm a little disappointed that i can't use the m20d in those situations. i hope this issue will be

solved very soon. otherwise i have to sell my m20d because i can't use it the way i want!

don't get me wrong. i know what the problem is but i think a mixer for 2300€ should handle this!!

by ArneLine6 on 2012-11-13 11:02:41

This is definately not cool. When we did the recalling of the outputs like this we had in mind that we did not want inexpected feedbacks etc. to occur.

We are, of course, going to give an option to include output levels or not when recalling setups or scenes.

Until then: The monitor outs are 4 levels that you could write down. The actual mix is stored, just not the outputs.

Cheers,

Arne

by eccofive on 2012-11-14 08:26:45

Hey. Thanks for the answer.

I know that the setup is stored but the first time this problem occured and I raised the monitor outputs, it was definitely not the sound like before the shutdown.

Maybe I did something wrong or reloaded a wrong preset. Who knows?! :-)

So I wait for the update.

greetz

Heiko

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.