These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Unwanted music plays at random times.
by soundpainters on 2012-09-16 18:17:37

Is anyone else experiencing random music working with Reason or watching videos on Youtube? Just started happening just over a week ago.

Be nice to know if I can fix it.

Thanks.

Re: Unwanted music plays at random times.
by Rowbi on 2012-09-16 21:29:26

If random music just starts playing then that sounds like that's more a PC issue rather than specifically your audio Interface.  Or do you mean that sometimes you're not able to hear the music that you're playing on your PC?

Can you give specific examples of when this has happened so we can better understand the issue.

Rowbi

by soundpainters on 2012-09-16 23:03:57

No, it is the first of the two.It sounds as if there is a TV, or radio station of some kind breaking through at random times.While working today I was suddenly schooled about Merel Streep. Sounded like a TV signal.

Thank you for you input.

by QsBlues on 2012-09-16 23:53:13

sounds like bad cables.to me.

by soundpainters on 2012-09-17 19:49:35

The signal is quite clear.Only seems to occur while I'm working in Reason or on Youtube.Haven't heard it in my media player yet. Did try to record it last night while I was doing some editing with Reason and it pop through. Didn't record. Could be a PC issue.Seems almost like an attack, because when it breaks threw, the feed is always starting at the beginning of a piece and I can end it if I close program being used.Still looking for the answer.I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem. Many heads are better than one when trying to find solutions.

Thank you for your feed back.

by soundpainters on 2012-09-22 11:19:37

Has anybody else had problems with Free Games On Line .com audio randomly interrupting their audio while working in Reason or Youtube online? It has been happening for about two weeks now.Been getting bits and pieces of audio,but had no idea where it was coming . Now I know. They gave their call sign.Sounds like a back door way of advertising.Would like to know if other have had this problem and would like to make it stop.

Thank you.

by hulbert on 2012-09-30 16:46:32

Hi,

I tried replying to your message a week or so ago but I have been having technical trouble with the site and couldn't post for some reason. I've pasted my message below:

One way that might help you with it is (if windows) press and hold ctrl -alt-del and then click 'start task manager', or right click on the bar at the bottom of the screen and select task manager.

Then select processes and it will list all things that are running. See if you see anything to do with that website or if not, take a note of what things are making the number in the memory column change. Then, try typing that exe file's name in google or something and see if it is linked to that website. If you find one, maybe type "how to remove" or something like that as well as the name of the file, and see if anyone says what's needed or what else might be on your computer to do with this file.

That would be annoying to have that happening. Hope you get it back to normal soon,

God Bless,

David

by Triryche on 2012-10-01 06:07:26

Does it happen even if you do not have a browser open?

by soundpainters on 2013-02-17 16:57:41

Thank, you sorry for not posting sooner. Problem got resolved. Had to reload Windows and start from sratch. Everyting is fine now.

Thank you for your input.

Soundpainters.

by soundpainters on 2013-02-17 16:58:23

Thank you also.

Soundpainters.

by hulbert on 2013-02-18 01:06:44

No problem.

Great news that its fixed . At least with a fresh loading of windows, you normally get your computer running faster than it did, so thats good.

God Bless,

David

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.