These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Is it possible to narrow the panning of stereo channels
by Ruben40 on 2012-09-18 02:22:50

At stereo channels the pan control should be optimized so that I can narrow the stereo position .

That means it should work the same way as I have two separate mono channels.

= two separate controls for left and right

For live performance it's often better not to use that extreme hard stereo panning for some stereo instruments.

Re: Is it possible to narrow the panning of stereo channels
by antonioctd on 2012-09-18 03:59:35

Not only that but also invert them!

Lot's of times I plug my Overheads wrong! LOL When I realize that it would be great to just toch an icon on the screen and switch them around.

by roadranger on 2012-09-18 07:10:34

The ancient Behringer DDX3216 could do both narrowing and reversal - the pan became a wdith control when channels were stereo linked. At noon it was mono and all the way clockwise was reversed.

by antonioctd on 2012-09-18 08:18:20

yah! I still have a DDZ3216. Bad sound, fragil mixer, ...., just bad overall LOL

But that particular feature was really cool! And I believe it is very easy to include on the M20d with a software update!

by dboomer on 2012-09-18 11:18:11

Currently you cannot.  But you could assign the mics in mono, pan them as desired and even invert polarity if desired and then combine then as a subgroup.

by Ruben40 on 2012-09-18 11:40:39

Ok this is a workaround.

But it should be optimized in a future firmware release.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.