These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

The M20d is the only mixer that will make you sound better even without using it at the GIG!
by antonioctd on 2012-09-19 05:11:16

Best feature of the StageScape M20d

Ok, I'll make a bold statement:

The M20d is the only mixer that will make you sound better even without using it at the GIG!

I've been GIGing and rehearsing with the M20d for a little while now.

The best thing that happened it that my both my bands are playing better! 

How that happens?

We record all the rehearsals and gigs in multitrack. Then I'll take the mixer home and fine tune the mix.

So our live mixes are getting better and better because they are mixed with time and patience just like a studio mix.

I make every thing sound great without touching the main out DSP. I use that to correct for the PA and room at the gig. 

Also, I'll have all the time, piece and quiet to evaluate all the performance!

I'll make notes about what I think needs rehearsal and correction and send the mixes to my band mates via e-mail so that they can draw their own conclusions.

Then, I'll send to each one a mix with their track way louder so they have a solid reference of what they've done.

And a mix without their part so they can use it as a baking track to practice at home!

All this process put's a little more workload on my shoulders.

But both bands are progressing at an amazing pace! It's incredible!

This thing (the M20d) is amazing because is the first mixer that also makes the source (band) sound better!

So, even if you play a gig with rented or local sound and don't use thee M20d. You will still sound better because of it.

Because it helped you rehearsing and improving your band's performance!

Amazing!

Thanks Line6

Re: The M20d is the only mixer that will make you sound better even without using it at the GIG!
by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-20 06:22:04

True, I used iton two rehearsals and a performance and though I'm not an audio engineer. I suspect to have the same 'learningcurce'as I did with the POD's different gear and use of fx. This mixer makes you play better, the sound of the individual and overall mix is so much more transparent. It's been a joy to work with so far.

cheers

- Hans

Re: The M20d is the only mixer that will make you sound better even without using it at the GIG!
by tochiro on 2012-09-20 08:41:17

<We record all the rehearsals and gigs in multitrack. Then I'll take the mixer home and fine tune the mix>

Could you please explain in more details?  Do you record on an SD card?  And then you play the tracks though the SS listening to the output with a headphone?  Thank you :-)

by antonioctd on 2012-09-20 10:55:29

"Do you record on an SD card?  And then you play the tracks though the SS listening to the output with a headphone?"

yes

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.