These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Can't hear sound from POD HD Desktop
by demaio777 on 2012-09-19 17:17:06

I know i'm doing something wrong, or missing something, i'm just not sure what exactly. I have the POD HD all hooked up to the USB port and my guitar plugged in, but no sound. I heard on another forum that you need some kind of adapter to plug into the microphone or headphone jack and then have that plug into your computer? My question is, if that's true, then what adapter and cord would i need to get? Or if it's not true, then how would i go about getting sound to come out?

By the way, i'm not using any kind of external amp, it's plugged directly into the computer.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Re: Can't hear sound from POD HD Desktop
by DeanDinosaur on 2012-09-19 17:35:40

The easiest way for me to explain this and hopefully for you to understand what I mean is:

When using the POD for USB recording, Think of the POD HD as a USB sound card. To hear a sound, you must have the output of the POD HD plugged to  mixer, stereo, or whatever your expecting to hear the sound to come from. It's the same for any sound card, it  needs its output plugged to some form of amplification or headphones.

Can you hear a sound in your headphone if you plug headphones in the POD?

by TheRealZap on 2012-09-19 17:37:18

you need to plug your computer speakers into the pod HD... typically a 1/8" female to 1/4" male stereo adapter will be needed.

by demaio777 on 2012-09-19 18:26:03

Unfortunatley, i don't have headphones that fit the jack. I have my computer set to the POD HD as opposed to the speakers whenever i have it connected. I understand that i need to connect the POD to my speakers, and i'll try and do that.

by demaio777 on 2012-09-19 18:28:04

Thanks! Yeah, i'm going to try and pick something up for that. Where would i plug it into the POD? In the headphones jack? or would it go into the right/left outputs?

by TheRealZap on 2012-09-19 19:18:24

headphone jack.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.