These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Mac OS 10.8.2 and Toneport UX1 not recognized
by JuanDM on 2012-09-24 11:30:20

Hi,

I've had the Toneport for almost 6 years. It was working fine a few days ago until I updated Mountain Lion to 10.8.2. Now the Toneport is sometimes recognized when I plug it in (green light) but Line 6 Monkey does not recognize the unit (sometimes) and when it does sometimes it says the drivers need to be updated. I've manually downloaded and updated all the drivers. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled them. Line 6 License Manager recognizes my computer as authorized (as well as the add on packs I've purchased) but the Monkey does not. And even then I reinstall the drivers and USB Firmware through the monkey and it does not register. When I open Pod Farm 1.12 it states that the add ons and device are not recognized. I believe this is most likely due to OS X 10.8.2, but I have not seen other posts about it. 

Software:

License Manager 1.06

Line 6 Monkey 1.58

POD Farm 1.12

Drivers 7.1.9

Thanks.

Re: Mac OS 10.8.2 and Toneport UX1 not recognized
by Triryche on 2012-09-28 05:52:58

Update Monkey to 1.59 and try again.

(sorry for the late response, forums were flaky for a few days)

by JuanDM on 2012-09-29 00:54:16

Hi Triryche,

LM is updated to 1.59, i just noticed its 1.58. I managed to uninstall all things and reinstall, but sometimes it detects the UX1 and it works for a minute then the light on the unit goes out and eventually causes the computer to freeze. I am under the impression its a driver / OS issue.

Thanks.

by rjpalombo on 2012-09-29 13:03:22

This is happening to me as well. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled with no luck. I have UX2. Originally I installed this Driver because i was experiencing the cracking issues and now its even worse cause I can't use the device at all....

by dutch_schulz on 2012-09-30 07:03:20

Problems here as well!

Toneport UX1

Mac OS X 10.8.2

POD Farm 2.55

Monkey 1.59

1) System audio does not play through UX1, although the device is visible and is selected

2) POD Farm stops responding when attempting to change input settings in its mixer

3) Monkey stops responding while loading

4) After Line6 software hangs, the light on UX1 goes off, then red after re-plugging

5) To make the UX1 light green again, I have to reboot. Then problems repeat

This is a new machine, so the system is clean.

Over to you, Line6 team

by siwi on 2012-10-07 05:31:29

I have exactly the same problems with my UX1. I tried installing the latest drivers for Mountain Lion (also the "new driver for Mountain Lion"), it even seemed to work in the first place, but as soon as I try to open POD Farm or play a song in ITunes the light goes off and turns red after re-plugging.

I'd really appreciate some help here, because my UX1 is pretty useless right now...

by lawrenceelcock on 2012-10-10 09:17:23

Same problem here with my UX1, really aggrivating

by methanol-rock on 2012-11-03 01:29:26

i have the same Problem with my UX2. I can use it few minutes, then crash the device. When i try to replugin the usb the red LED´s on the front blink but the device are not starting :-/

by harinezumi on 2012-11-11 16:42:03

Same problem here. Ever since I upgraded to a new macbook/ mountain lion, I've been getting the red light. I've updated everything as needed and it still won't recognize it. Line 6, Please solve this problem asap.

by joansto on 2012-11-16 10:10:30

I can confirm and inform you all about that there is a workaround and fix for this issue (UX2) that works 100% every time on a MAC 10.8 Mountain Lion.

I have had to come up with this solution myself and it has cost me a lot of work. Both in terms of that I have not been able to record and use my equipment but also in troubleshooting and testing. I will be glad to share ttroubleshooting and development of this issues to Line6 in my ticket 186665. In order to share this info with Line6 I will need some compensation for my findings.

If you are in contact with Line6 you can refer your questions into this ticket 186665 if you are intrested in having a workaround that works 100%. Otherwise we all could wait some more weeks or month for a final fix by Line6.

by srvblooze on 2012-11-22 07:01:08

Dude, f#ck you. "Compensation for your findings"??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. There IS NO WORKAROUND for the Mountain Lion 10.8.2, and that's that. Now stop being a d-bag and wasting everybody's time.

by steveervinck on 2012-11-23 18:46:56

its deffinitly an issue with gearbox not recognizing the devices. i have a "toneport KB37" and it works fine on my old macbook, but my brand new macbook pro with os x 10.8.2 does not recognize. i re- installed the drives as well no no no

HELP !!!!!!!!!!

by simonk83 on 2012-11-24 13:17:27

Yup, see http://line6.com/support/thread/86555">http://line6.com/support/thread/86555">http://line6.com/support/thread/86555

by joansto on 2012-12-23 08:25:53

Hi!

Line6 has not been to any help for me even though I found a good workaround for this issue they were not interested in compensate something for this to let others have a working workaround. I have now been using the UX2 with 10.8.2 mountain lion for about 3 month even though line6 have not been solving this issue for 6-7 month. There is christmas now and I think it would be fair to share my findings if it could be to any help for others having the same issuses that I had.

Ok first of all you need to install the latest drivers from Line6 (7.1.7), you will still have these issues after installing these drivers. Might work one out of 10 or so. If you have the UX2 when popping and cracking sound is back you should do the following.

1. Press and turn on the 48v phantom power so that the red lap is on

2. Turn off the 48v phantom power again (the new drivers and 10.8.2 with Apple has changed some power outage for the usb port and Ux2 seems to have a condensator that needs to be 100% empty of power)

3. Now you should remove the USB cable, (Important don't remove the USB cable from the computer!!!!!, remove the USB cable from back of the UX2 device very important that you do this!)

4. Wait about 10 sek with the usb cable removed

5. Plug in the USB cable in the back of the UX2 device again.

6. Workaround is ready and the popping and cracking sound should be gone!

Now you can aldo turn on the 48v phantom power if needed, repeat this procedure if you have the strange sounds again after hibernation of your laptop etc.

Happy Christmas all of you and I hope you can do some recordings again without the irritating sound. It might work to only follow and repeat step 3-6 abow also. The reason most of the people have not found this workaround is that 90% of all users are removing the cable from the laptop probably including the Line6 support then....

This is verified with Garageband but probably this solution works for Logic and other programs too.

There is still an issue with the Line6 drivers while there is not possible to use Mic and Instrument at the same time even though there is a setting for this within the drivers and operating system settings for Line6.

I was about buing a new guitar from Line6 the new Variax JTV model but I have changed my mind while I can't take the risk to have to wait for driver updates and fixes while I assume there is similar issues with all the gear. I think I will  look at the fender by roland guitar instead, more limited in its software but the product seems to be verified and working out of the box without any built-in features.

Happy Christmas and a good new year!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.