These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Expression Pedal Assignment Question
by TotalAbsolution on 2012-10-02 21:09:22

Hey all,

Brand new to this forum and my M9 pedal. I hope this is the right forum. I just have a question about how to correctly/properly assign what the expression pedal controls. So, in settings I have my exp. pedal set to affect fx 1 (sometimes all 3). My question is how can I get the exp. pedal to only affect the active effect I'm using. For example: I have a fuzz set up in 1B and a delay in 2A. I want the exp. pedal to control "drive" of the fuzz which is does, BUT it also changes the parameter in the delay which isn't active. And vice versa. I'll kick on fuzz first and then go to delay. The exp. pedal will control the delay time---but also the drive in fuzz---even though I'm in delay. Is this just how it works? Or am I missing something (I'm guessing it's the later)? Any help would be most appreciated. And, if my question isn't clear enough let me know.

Thanks forum folks!

Re: M9 Expression Pedal Assignment Question
by phil_m on 2012-10-03 06:13:19

If you have the expression set up to control FX1 and FX2, then, yes, what you're explaining is expected. The way to think of it is that adding the expression pedal allows you to save heel and toe settings for any effects in the modules you have it set to control. So even if you don't have the delay on but have the expression pedal in the toe position and then switch the delay, the delay will turn on with whatever parameters you have it set for in the toe position. It sounds more confusing than it is.

by TotalAbsolution on 2012-10-03 09:46:01

Hey thanks for the response.

Is there a way to change this though? Like---I want the pedal to control both effects, but independently. So--have both fuzz and delay on, but have the pedal only affect which effect I currently have "active"?

by phil_m on 2012-10-03 09:52:59

Without using two different expression pedals, not really. You could use an A/B/Y switch and one expression pedal, but at that point, it would probably be less expensive to simply buy another expression pedal.

The other option is to have two scenes. One where the delay effect only is controlled by the expression pedal, and another one where the fuzz is controlled only by the expression pedal.

by TotalAbsolution on 2012-10-03 10:01:10

Gotcha. Well, I appreciate the help/answers. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.