These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

The long wait for the 500/Desktop/Pro users' update?
by Talenless on 2012-10-03 08:59:59

could it be that Line6 has more in store for POD-HD than we're predicting, or expecting? like improved tones and performance? and all sorts of other good stuff that we're completely unaware of?

Re: The long wait for the 500/Desktop/Pro users' update?
by meambobbo on 2012-10-03 09:38:19

don't get your hopes up.  the product line was launched about 2 years ago and it still uses "%" as the unit of measure for frequency.

by Akeron on 2012-10-03 09:57:02

Nobody knows, except some who knows but can't tell you...

by phil_m on 2012-10-03 09:59:09

First rule of POD updates - "Don't talk about POD updates." 

by toneman2121 on 2012-10-03 10:32:02

second rule:  don't reply to questions concerning updates. globally

by davidb7170 on 2012-10-03 17:52:40

Third Rule: see rule #1

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-03 18:38:43

Fourth Rule: If your reading this rule, please pay more attention, and read Third Rule again.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-10-03 19:02:26

It's a big secret, if they tell you then they would have to kill you. What are you crazy? You think that an employee from the company is gonna get down to our level and talk to us about updates!!  That's some crazy concept! Who does that?  That's why they have the free laborer grunts (Expert users) for. (Just having fun with this, I hope you guys have a sense of humor and can take a joke, I'm not staring the pot or anything)

by phil_m on 2012-10-03 19:09:30

I'm not staring the pot or anything

That's good, because staring at a pot will make sure it never boils...

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-10-03 19:23:49

I have to admit, line 6 has always surprised me with their updates in a good way and I have no doubt there will be a nice surprise this time around in the next update. Recently I've gotten interested in the latest variax and since it works together with the POD HD 500 ( which I have) and DT series, I'm becoming very impressed with their contribution to the advancement of guitar technology. I'm actually gonna try to audition the JTV variax this weekend and together with HD500 it can be really mind blowing regardless  whether a POD HD update has additional surprises or not.

by toneman2121 on 2012-10-03 21:50:57

YEAH BABY!

by stevem48048 on 2012-10-15 15:35:17

I've been a huge fan of LINE 6 for years. Got quite a bit of money rapped up in hardware "unregretably", But after reading these threads as far as an update, i'm affraid i have to agree with the people on this one. For instance - If i bought a Corvette for $70,000.00 that boasted they had the fastest most up to date engine in it, The best traction, Trans etc. Then come to find out that 4 months later, a Chevette was released that will literally smoke the vette and everything its about for $20,000.00 I imagine that would send smoke into my stacks real quick ! Now i know my example is a little outlandish, But the principle is there. And then its like the Service reps. are trying to get you to believe that you should be happy with what you did buy and get for $70,000.00 Whilst the ***holes in the Chevette are melting there tires all over your beautiful paint job - with the old 1 finger salute in the air. Because that is what the PODHD 300 + 400 users are doing in other threads...

Too funny, Again, i'm normally not a complainer, it just shrugs me hard when someone is trying to defend against what's right or wrong. So we "The Customer" has to feel greedy for demanding a fix to make things right. Well i dont ! and neither should you "The Customers" !!!  And, It's not even about the idea that Chevy wouldn't make things right by hooking up your Vette, It's the idea it even happened ! And we're not talking about an upgrade so great that it'll totally break LINE 6.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-10-15 16:09:17

I've concluded that line 6 is releasing products they can't support adequately because they're simply releasing too many products. In other words they're biting more than they can chew! I just researched the JTV Variax and decided to pass this time around. Let's see what winter NAMM has from other companies...Call my greedy or whatever else you want, but my experience with the HD series has completely turned me away from LINE 6, I passed on their stage source speakers and went with something else due to this same dissatisfaction with the way they handled the HD line product updates, that's two products. If digitch answers the HD line, I'm going with Digitech, at least every digitech product I've had, virtually never had bugs...

by stevem48048 on 2012-10-15 18:42:46

Sorry if i worded it wrong bro, I meant "THEY" " LINE 6" are saying we the PODHD 500 - PRO - DESKTOP owners are being greedy expecting an update to relieve the anguish, Saying, "We where satisfied with the unit when we bought it", TRUE, BUT ! The same philosophy goes for all the PODHD 300 + 400 buyers. They where as well satisfied !!! They just benefited more for paying less... I would've never imagined that happening. I'd love to buy a jr. Whopper and recieve 6 triple whoppers for free. as opposed to buying 3 double Whoppers and getting a jr. for free. ---> That is "When they decide to give it to me !!!

Side Note: For those that want to key in and say "Yeah but they can't customize there cabinets like we can !

Yeah well, Run the unit into a PC or MAC, Disable the CABS, And run "RECABINET 3" $50.00 CAB SIM,

And guess what ? Problem resolved ! And they blow LINE 6s CABs way out of the ballpark...

They still won ... IMO

by Talenless on 2012-10-15 20:05:42

Yeah well, Run the unit into a PC or MAC, Disable the CABS, And run "RECABINET 3" $50.00 CAB SIM,

via usb from POD to computer?

plug headphones into the computer's headphone jack?

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-10-15 20:10:36

I guess I worded it wrong too. I didn't mean you, I meant in general.  funny you bring the cabs thing, even though I personally like the line 6 cabinets, I don't understand why line 6 is not listening to the many many customers who want the ability to load external IRs in the PODs themselves. It can't be that dificult but I guess they have to leave enough memory for when they release model packs for sale ten years from now.(at the speed they're developing the HD, it probably is an accurate estimate and not a joke, even though I laugh when I type this, by then maybe everyguitar in itself will have better amp simulations)

by spikey on 2012-10-15 20:40:23

You know it's gay to don't ask don't tell....; o )

by stevem48048 on 2012-10-15 21:52:45

I run it via USB, With my PC speakers plugged into the Headphones jack. I have the PODHD Bean. I have a full LINE 6 HD147 300 Watt stack in which i've got the older shortboard, But the shortboard works gr8 in conjunction with the

PODHD Bean. These are my PC speakers   "http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2">http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2">http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2"   I can't crank them the full 200 watts but i'll tell ya, It sounds PHENOMENAL through these.

You'd think with a 300 Watt stack it would do the same. Well i've just got the thing sounding pretty good through the stacks FX Sends. But no comparison through the PC speakers. The sound and feel through them are something

inspiring. That's what made me keep the bean. I figured if it "The Bean" sounds that good in my PC, It has to sound good through my amp. With some quite major overhauling of my presets, I think im getting it dialed in.

I've said this in a different thread, One of the best assets about these units is the ability to connect them to a PC or MAC and backup your many many many hours of doodling and fine tuning etc. So you can reload them

if need be. Honestly , LINE 6 really developed an awesome product here, So IMO they need to run with it and hook us up like they did with PODFARM. We want most of them amp models. Not for free of course, But expand

the hell out of these things. I'm never gonna need any other unit than this one to achieve my sound, But it would be nice to know that i can create "ANY" sound possible with my LINE 6 investments.   Hint: Soldano SLO +

To me it's like being handed the keys to a beautiful LAMBORGHINI DIABLO, You can drive it all you want, Just don't EVER !!! get on the freeway with it !!!  "When it's fully capable of doing so"...

Thanx for answering back. Nice to know someone with a clear mind is listening ...

by stevem48048 on 2012-10-15 22:00:26

I could'nt have said it better friend ...

by chimp_spanner on 2012-10-16 03:20:00

It would be nice to hear some word from them as to what's going on. I know technically they're not obligated to tell us anything but the silence is deafening. They don't have to commit themselves to a solid date, but just let everyone know where they're up to with it. Some might see it as giving in to whiners but then again, they're whiners that have parted with their cash to invest into Line 6 (and more specifically a product line that it is assumed will be updated and enhanced as PODs have been, historically). It's not like they'll be giving away any massive secrets because, to be honest, most of the things we'd like have already been done in other units/plugins over the last 2 years. So I can't see how it would be damaging to at least let us know what's coming, if it's even any different than the 300/400, which I would hope it is given the extraordinary length of time it's taking.

by toneman2121 on 2012-10-16 03:37:13

there seems to be some speculation whether or not there is anyone to finish the update. last i looked, they were in need of a software writer and a firmware engineer

by chimp_spanner on 2012-10-16 03:54:10

Yeah I saw this too. Would they really just have ONE guy to do that stuff? No wonder it takes so long haha.

by Akeron on 2012-10-16 04:31:54

Even at Fractal there's only one guy to does everything. They should do a Celebrity Deathmatch with the two developers. That would be funnier than Gandhi vs Genghis Khan...

by HDProJohn on 2012-10-16 07:50:01

There are 3rd party options to load different IRs if you'd like. Something like this: http://www.two-notes.com/en/hardware/torpedo-live/

Of course, for the price of an HD Pod and the Torpedo, you could score a used Ultra.

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-16 12:21:39

out now:

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.1 RELEASE NOTES

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.1 is a FREE firmware update that is highly recommended for all POD HD500 users.

What’s New? POD HD500 2.1 includes five new HD guitar amp models and integration support for L3t, L3m, and L3s speakers over L6 LINK.
  • “Solo 100 Clean”, “Solo 100 Crunch”, and “Solo 100 Overdrive” HD Guitar Amp Models Three new HD guitar amp models based on* the Clean/Crunch and Overdrive channels of the classic, hand-built Soldano® SLO100 Super Lead Overdrive 100-watt head.
  • “Line 6 Doom” and “Line 6 Epic” HD Guitar Amp Models Two new, Line 6 original HD guitar amp models with lots of gain on tap. Line 6 Doom delivers maximum sludge by combining a Marshall® JCM800 preamp and Hiwatt® Custom 100 power amp with some additional tweaks. Line 6 Epic provides sustain for days at virtually any playing dynamic, giving up gobs of distortion with ease. Play with the Master Volume parameter to experience the true versatility of these amps.
  • StageSource Speaker Support The update also enables POD HD Pro and POD HD500 to integrate with StageSource loudspeakers in revolutionary new ways. You can instantly recall StageSource Smart Speaker modes via POD HD presets, making StageSource and POD HD Pro or HD500 the ultimate integrated FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) guitar system. You can switch from a full-range acoustic sound for the verse to a dialed-in 2 x 12” guitar cabinet for the chorus—with just the press of a footswitch. You can also change to Keyboard mode for dramatic guitar synth soundscapes. Add multiple StageSource speakers via L6 LINK for stereo effects configuration, wet/dry/wet setups, and more.
FAQ For more information about POD HD500, the POD HD500 FAQ can be found here.

The Advanced Users Guide The latest version of the Advanced User's Guide for the POD HD500 can be foundhere.

*All product names used in this webpage are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development.

by mcolquitt on 2012-10-16 13:06:42

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

by hansvaneven on 2012-10-16 13:12:40

Cool, thanks, but sigh, still no updates on the EQ's, not even a small replacement for the %, it's clear now that they will never do an update on this ...

Hans

by phil_m on 2012-10-16 13:42:03

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.