These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Monitoring output level with Toneport (red panel)
by brotherwolf on 2012-10-05 07:41:22

Hi,

Is there a way to monitor the sound level (in dBs) in real-time that come out of the TonePort?

Thanks

Re: Monitoring output level with Toneport (red panel)
by Triryche on 2012-10-05 07:45:56

POD Farm mixer view.

by brotherwolf on 2012-10-06 08:13:13

I'm not using the POD Farm...

by BigChas52 on 2012-10-06 08:35:29

brotherwolf wrote:

You will need to use one of the Line 6 interfaces to change it.  From either GearBox, POD Farm, or POD Farm 2, select the "Hardware and Drivers" option fom the "Help" menu.   You can change it from the "Inputs & Recording" tab.

by brotherwolf on 2012-10-06 12:03:33

BigChas52 wrote:

brotherwolf wrote:

You will need to use one of the Line 6 interfaces to change it.  From either GearBox, POD Farm, or POD Farm 2, select the "Hardware and Drivers" option fom the "Help" menu.   You can change it from the "Inputs & Recording" tab.

Uhmm... sorry, I don't understand. Change what?

I just want to view the output level while playing.

I'm not using any line6 amp simulators/vst etc.

by Triryche on 2012-10-06 13:56:30

If you have a UX2 in the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel you can set what  the uV meters display. I know that black faced POD Studio UX2's have dB for the scale on the meters, I am not sure about the red face Toneport UX2.

Also, if you are capturing with a DAW, you should be able to montior the dB levels coming in within your DAW.

by BigChas52 on 2012-10-06 15:59:24

brotherwolf wrote:

BigChas52 wrote:

brotherwolf wrote:

Uhmm... sorry, I don't understand. Change what?

I just want to view the output level while playing.

I'm not using any line6 amp simulators/vst etc.

You have to go into the driver settings to change what the UX-2's meters show.  My advice has noting to do with amp sims or VST plug-ins. 

If you are using WIndows, you can also change the driver setting in "Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices" in the Windows Control Panel.  That might work for Mac as well, but I'm not familiar with Macs.

by brotherwolf on 2012-10-07 01:29:45

Triryche wrote:

If you have a UX2 in the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel you can set what  the uV meters display. I know that black faced POD Studio UX2's have dB for the scale on the meters, I am not sure about the red face Toneport UX2.

Also, if you are capturing with a DAW, you should be able to montior the dB levels coming in within your DAW.

I have the UX-1 (running Windows), and my Audio-MIDI control panel doesn't have any options about uV meters display.

So I guess when playing simple audio, I don't have access to uV meters?

by Triryche on 2012-10-07 08:13:32

You could run a DAW while you play, even if you do not record. If you do not have a DAW Reaper is free to try.

Doing a quick search on Google for ASIO dB Meter I found this, but I have never used it.

http://softwaretopic.informer.com/standalone-asio-software-db-meter/">http://softwaretopic.informer.com/standalone-asio-software-db-meter/">http://softwaretopic.informer.com/standalone-asio-software-db-meter/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.