These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod XT Pro / Podfarm questions
by pureaudiostudios on 2012-10-06 18:42:30

Basically i have a couple of questions that i wanted to clarify before i started spending unnesecary amounts of money.

I own a Line 6 Toneport Ux1 and have been using podfarm 1 as a standalone software and bought the metal pack for it.

Today i bought a POD Xt pro on ebay. What i wanna do is Use the XT Pro as an interface but use Pod farm as a plug-in in logic pro 9. When i use pod farm as a plug in in logic pro it says i need to register it, so how do i got about getting the free version of pod farm as a plug in??

Also obviously i want the metal pack on the xt pro and the pod farm plug in, do i have to buy it again or what?

Any help and information is highly appreciated.

Re: Pod XT Pro / Podfarm questions
by burnbabyburn59 on 2012-10-08 05:57:05

Have you run the license manager?

by pureaudiostudios on 2012-10-08 07:25:56

yes i've run the license manager. Pod farm works fine on its own but i wanna use it as a plug in for logic and rather use the exisiting version i have with the pack rather then pay for pod farm 2.

by burnbabyburn59 on 2012-10-08 08:17:21

IIRC all you need to do is keep the UX1 plugged in via USB. even if you use something else as an input, the plugin should still work. I vaguely seem to remember that all the plugin does is check for the presence of the UX1

by burnbabyburn59 on 2012-10-08 08:18:06

I also think you may need to plug in the Pod XT, rune l6 Monkey and download Pod Farm 1 that way...

by pureaudiostudios on 2012-10-08 09:04:18

ill check it out when i get the XT, still waiting on the guy to ship it.

by Triryche on 2012-10-08 10:02:41

The original Toneports did not come with a plug-in license, it would was a seperate license purchase.

The new POD Studio's come bundled with a POD Farm 2.5 license, standalone and plug-in.

So you could either pick up one of the newer POD Studios, are purchase a POD Farm 2.5 license (hardware independent, not iLok).

As for the metal shop, you do not need to purchase it again, you will be able to use it with the PODxt and also POD Farm 2.5 if you were to purchase a license.

by pureaudiostudios on 2012-10-08 12:14:31

for the pod farm 2.5 do i need to purchase it with an ilok or what to use as a plug in for logic?

by Triryche on 2012-10-08 12:34:00

There are 2 versions, iLok, and Hardware independent, and each has Standard or Platinum.

I recommend the hardware independent version. It allows you to use POD Farm 2.5 ToneDirect monitoring, which is the standalone (like the POD Farm 1 you are currently using with your TonePort) with most USB ASIO interfaces, and the POD Farm 2.5 plug-in no iLok required. You will also be able to use your Metal Shop pack as a plug-in. Of course if you purchase the Platinum version you will have all the models regardless. Also, if you purchase the hardware independent version, you do not even need your UX1 plugged in as a dongle.

If you purchase POD Farm 2.5 for iLok, you will of course need an iLok, you will only have the plug-in, and you will not be able to add the Metal Pack to it.

Clear as mud, right!!??

Did you purchase the TonePort used?

by pureaudiostudios on 2012-10-08 15:55:38

i bought it new. Dont remember when. I guess the one other thing i need to figure out is so i buy the pod farm 2.5 for Computer or just buy it for XT pro?? I figured computer but wasnt sure.

by Triryche on 2012-10-08 16:23:49

Yes, I would recommend the POD Farm 2.5 software that is the hardware independent version (not iLok). It has a 30 day return policy. The iLok version you can not return.

Technically you can not purchase POD Farm for the xt series.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.