These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

X3 Live - Tone 2 totally silent on all patches
by snelson101 on 2012-10-11 17:48:00

Noticed one of my dual-tone patches sounded off.  Turned out Tone 2 was completely silent.  Looking further, I found the same in every patch - can't get Tone 2 on any of them.  Even reinitialized the presets to factory - didn't help.  Tone 2 is not locked on any patch -  the little padlock icon on the home screen is open on all patches.  Outputs page shows tone 2 NOT muted.  Inputs page shows tone 2 input same as tone 1 (Guitar + VX1).  Both tones are panned dead center, so it's not a cable problem.  Standard electric guitar, not Variax.  Running in stereo from 1/4" outputs to a full-range amplifier.  No idea how to fix this.  Help please!

Re: X3 Live - Tone 2 totally silent on all patches
by snelson101 on 2012-10-12 13:20:13

Addendum to previous:  This problem does not appear when monitoring the X3 Live through the Headphone jack.  It does appear when monitoring through both the 1/4" and XLR outputs.

Re: X3 Live - Tone 2 totally silent on all patches
by silverhead on 2012-10-12 15:03:16

That's very weird. The information you provided shows that you have checked the usual suspects (Tone 2 locked or muted; wrong input setting). And now your update that Tone 2 can be heard through the headphones eliminates those suspects anyway.

I would try reinstalling the firmware at this point. Make sure you back up your presets first (which I presume you already did before restoring the factory presets, but just in case....)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.