These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 - how many amps?
by Scottywc on 2012-10-12 13:57:04

I'm about to get the HD500 on Amazon.com, but confused about the number of HD amps.  Line 6 mentions 25 but most stores list only 16.  I'd love to know what the descrepency is... Thanks for the help. Scott

Re: POD HD500 - how many amps?
by TheRealZap on 2012-10-12 14:00:49

they've added a few with updates since release... there is a well known update that will add a few more "coming soon" as well.

I can't recall the exact number it has now... but it's more than 16.

by Scottywc on 2012-10-12 14:07:01

So...how do I go from 16 to current?  Is it simply a flash to the ROM?

by Triryche on 2012-10-12 14:23:18

Yep, download drivers and Monkey here.

http://line6.com/software/

Use">http://line6.com/software/">http://line6.com/software/

UseMonkey to flash the HD to the current firmware version.

You can also download HD500 Edit to use your computer to edit, save and back-up patches.

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-12 17:02:08

there is a well known update that will add a few more "coming soon" as well.

a "few" eh? Oh well. I geuss my hope for more bass amp models is probably a little optimistic if there are only a 'few' coming (Dont get me wrong... I'd be happy with only ONE more amp if it were a bass amp (I know you SLO guys wouldnt)... but given the focus this device has, I doubt there will be any more bass models unless they added "quite a few".

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-12 17:14:25

well they call a new amp channel model a new amp...

so 3 channels of SLO=a few new models

don't get too excited.

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-12 18:03:49

don't get too excited.

I think I am now experiencing the exact opposite of excitement.

I shouldnt be too down really. I bought the HD to replace my old guitar multi fx primarily. Guitar Amp modelling was a big plus, as previously I'd played through my little cube, or (when being lazy) my bass amp /cab. Now I play through my HD and PA, and its great.

Using the HD to replace my - even older - bass multi FX, was a seconday benefit, and even then, other than when I am just toying around for fun, I dont really do much to my bass sound. It was just that the older PODs had so much more for bass that I started getting a bit hopeful that one or two more bass amps might be added. I guess I'll just have to get 1000% better, join a band, and then justify that Trace Ellliot purchase I have been wanting for... ooh... about 20 years

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-12 19:47:35

if they put one bass amp in the HD (and they did) i think it's safe to say that they have considered that people want them...

so i won't be surprised if more turn up one day.... amps seem to be slow coming... so perhaps not "soon" (the natives love that word)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.