These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Problem with Pod XT volume and EQ Changes mid song
by Graomi on 2012-10-15 02:57:08

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had any advice. I am a regular player here in Cyprus and for th last few weeks I have been having a problem with my Pod XT. Intermittantly, the volume and eq of my guitar sound will change in the middle of the song. Suddenly there is a boost int he volume and much more hi frequency (treble). Sometimes this will last several minutes or sometimes several seconds before returning to normal.

I will say that the electricity here in Cyprus is not the cleanest and many bars that i play in have underpowered electricity sockets. However, other musicians I know with different equipment never seem to have this issue.

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy

Pod XT

FBV Shortboard (Version 1)

Pod is plugged directly into the PA.

I have tried plugging the pod into its own socket on a different ring main to the rest of the equipment but with no luck.

Is the pod particularly sensitive to energy fluctuations? Is there anything I can do about it? Has the pod become damaged?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Graham

Re: Problem with Pod XT volume and EQ Changes mid song
by toneman2121 on 2012-10-15 04:35:32

i would clean all volume and tone pots with electronics cleaner. use a quality cleaner. like detox. one that won't leave residue or harm plastic. you'll have to take the back cover off the xt  to clean it efficiently. i don't have a floorboard but i think the same holds true. re-cal the pedal. park the volume knob at zero. the treble boost could be proportional to the volume boost. take the board out of the chain to isolate the xt.

by Graomi on 2012-10-22 08:57:34

thanks toneman for the advice. I have done what you rcommended and used the pod for a gig and all worked fine. Hopefully this has fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Graham

by toneman2121 on 2012-10-24 08:45:20

how about giving me some points. i need 2 to get to 500. i want to see if another star pops up

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.