These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

1 Effects Chain Vs. A,B,C,D
by simplyswed on 2012-10-16 08:54:56

I was wondering if any other POD HD 500 users had tried to run their POD more like a normal effects chain would work, instead of using several patches, switching between ABCD, using on signal chain and turning on and off certain pedals using the FS1-8 mode? If so, any thoughts.

Re: 1 Effects Chain Vs. A,B,C,D
by phil_m on 2012-10-16 09:00:30

I've used it for effects-only before, but I've not limited myself to one preset. But, yeah, I've done it. Works great. The cool thing is that because you can still access other presets rather easily, it's like have a collection of diffferent pedalboards at your disposal.

by scottyo78 on 2012-10-16 18:12:03

Thanks Phil M...

Good to know because that's how I plan to (initially) use it .

I also think it's a cool feature to be able to link more than one effect to a 'single' footswitch. Many times I have done the pedal dance with the XT Live trying to get the delay then compressor switched on for my solo.

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-17 22:50:08

scottyo78 wrote:

I also think it's a cool feature to be able to link more than one effect to a 'single' footswitch.

I think this is great too. Was learning (ruining) a bit of B.T.Overdrive yesterday, and whilst Im sure my patches were no-where near accurate, I was still pretty pleased with verse/chorus combination I had with switching in / out a couple of effects with one pedal.

Despite my gripes (which I still have aplenty) I am still constantly impressed by this machine.

by Mohi on 2012-10-17 23:33:34

In my last gig I made extensive use of this feature. I played a Fender Telecaster with Bareknuckle Flat 50s through a Plexy model, a great model by the way, FS2 was setup to alternatively engage the overdrive and turn off a red compressor set very light, and the thing cleaned up so well and was really responsive to rolling off the volume knob on the guitar, very useful,

by jimsreynolds on 2012-10-18 01:55:30

Yeah, for sure.  I use 4CM as my main setup at the moment with my Marshall JVM and use FS1-8 for effects switching.  As Phil says: the great thing is that you can set up a particular group of effects for a given song and just bring them in and out.  I combine these with some generic Clean/Crunch/Dirty/Lead sets of patches aligned with the various amp channels for general usage.

I originally bought the HD500 after a careful comparison against an M13 which is more obviously suited to the role you describe.  I went with the HD for the flexibility, modelling and the fact that can have eight footswitchable FX in any order (as opposed to the M13's four).

by Stueyd on 2012-10-18 02:54:26

New HD500 user here and apologies if this is a dumb question but it wasn't obvious to me from reading the manual, but I was playing around with this functionality last night and  if I configure the FX so they're assigned to FS 1 - 8 (so i've lost the A, B, C, D for switching presets), how do I actually switch presets?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-10-18 03:16:26

Don't worry ... it ain't obvious.

You simply press the bank up or bank down pedal then select the desired preset from FS1 -FS4.

When you press down the bank pedal it effectivey puts the Pod momentarily back into ABCD mode. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.