These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD modeled amps controls details
by hurghanico on 2012-10-16 09:32:18

Zooming (by clicking on them) the following images, you can see exactly which controls are actually present in every HD modeled amp..

For some of the previous Line6 amp modelers (POD 2.0, XT), were given more detailed information about the controls of the
included modeled amps, so you knew what to do to get the original unadorned sound of each amp (of course if  that was what you were looking for) and which controls were instead "bonuses"..

That's why I provided these images and short descriptions, for those (maybe) interested in those not given details:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'65 Fender Twin Reverb  [BF DOUBLE]

(no presence, no master)

01 - Fender Twin Reverb.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'73 Hiwatt DR-103  [HIWAY 100]

02 - Hiwatt DR-103.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'60s Supro S6616  [SUPER O]

(it has only volume and 1 tone control, no master)

03 - Supro S6616.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'39 Gibson EH-185  [GIBTONE 185]

(no mid, no presence, no master)

04 - gibson_eh185.JPG

'58 Fender Bassman  [TWEED B-MAN]

(no master)

05 - Fender Bassman.jpg

'64 Fender Deluxe Reverb  [BF 'LUX]

06 - Fender Deluxe Reverb.jpg

Divided by 13 JRT 9/15  [DIVIDE 9/15]

(it has his own 2 eq controls, 2 interactive volume controls, no presence, no master)

07 - Divided by 13.jpg

Dr. Z Route 66  [PHD MOTORWAY]

08 - Dr Z_Route 66.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'60 Vox AC-15  [CLASS A-15]

(it has only volume and 1 tone control, no presence, no master)

09 - Vox AC-15.JPG

'67 Vox AC-30 with Top Boost  [CLASS A-30TB]

(it has his own cut tone control, no mid, no presence, no master)

10 - Vox AC-30 Top Boost.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'65 Marshall JTM-45  [BRIT J-45]

(no master)

11 - Marshall JTM-45.jpg

'59 Marshall “Plexi” Super Lead 100  [PLEXI LEAD 100]

(no master)

17 - Marshall Plexi Super Lead 100.jpg

'71 Park 75  [BRIT P-75]

(no master)

12 - Park 75.JPG

'82 Marshall JCM-800  [BRIT J-800]

13 - Marshall JCM-800.jpg

2002 Bogner Uberschall  [BOMBER UBER]

14 - Bogner.jpg

2001 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo  [TREADPLATE]

15 - Mesa Boogie Dual Recitifier.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 ENGL Fireball 100  [ANGEL F-BALL]

16 - Engl Fireball.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'93 Soldano SLO-100  [SOLO 100]

18 - soldano-slo100.jpg

'60s Ampeg B-15NF Portaflex  [FLIP TOP]

20 - Ampeg B-15.jpg

Re: POD HD modeled amps controls details
by phil_m on 2012-10-16 09:36:39

This is a very cool thing you did here. I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of people. It always helps to have an image in your mind of the amp that is supposedly being modeled.

by hurghanico on 2012-10-16 09:55:15

thanks for your comment

hope it will be really useful to someone

by Astaroth_CY on 2012-10-16 10:52:10

Excellent work! I might print this out and keep it in my HD's gigbag for reference. I did miss that from the XT's manual.

by hurghanico on 2012-10-16 12:35:53

Astaroth_CY ha scritto:

....I did miss that from the XT's manual...

me too

the details interest me very much

by MartinDorr on 2012-10-17 08:31:32

Excellent and very helpful info, have worked on gathering additional info on individual amps myself but only managed to do that for 3 Fender's.

I also tried to get more info from Line 6 on how modelled controls should be set if the amp does not have them in a support ticket

Results (essentially none) where disapointing.

The support guy told me that Line 6 could not convey that information because it would reveal their modeling technology.

He went on recommending to set eveything to 12 o'clock and then adjust to what you like (now that's a new idea ;-( and very practical if one does not have the real amp )

Martin

by Triryche on 2012-10-17 08:39:07

Nice work hurghanico!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

But sadly I can not find the SLO in my Black Bean. 

Err...Wait. Neve rmind, I little Monkey just dropped it off!!

by geppert on 2012-10-17 08:53:32

Great effort on all the amp pix. The Deluxe Reverb brought back a lot of memories as I used to have one when I was a teenager in a band. If only I'd kept it. Since I was good with electronics in high school I actually converted that Deluxe into a twin. You can never be too loud right !~~

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-10-17 09:26:30

Very good idea. The only thing that would make it even nicer is if you put the Line 6 names in brackets next to the real name for easier all-in-one reference.

by hurghanico on 2012-10-17 10:32:37

Thanks for your advice ..
in a few minutes I will add the Line 6 names to the amps

by hurghanico on 2012-10-17 10:56:14

From what I know, and also looking at the default settings of some models, if you want the unadorned original sound, I would say that the controls that do not exist in the real amps must be set to 12 o'clock, except for the presence that must be set to zero and the master volume that must be set to maximum..

The POD 2.0, XT and X3 were like this (except for the master volume control that wasn't present in the older modelers) , and I strongly believe that Line6 has followed again the same logic for the HD..

by meambobbo on 2012-10-17 11:00:22

the no master issue is easy to answer - the "Drive" control acts like the pre-amp "Volume" control.  Master DEP is defaulted to 100%, and would not be adjustible on the original amp.  The inclusion of a variable Master is like having a modified version of the amp, where the Master DEP is a variable attenuator between the pre-amp and power amp sections of the amp.

As for the others, I'm not sure.  I know the /13 does show different tone controls.  I believe it has 2 Drive knobs as well.  But for Mids/Presence where there is none, I'm not sure.  I assume either 0 or 50% would be the default choices for being the same as the original amps.

by hurghanico on 2012-10-17 12:59:27

MartinDorr ha scritto:

...I also tried to get more info from Line 6 on how modelled controls should be set if the amp does not have them in a support ticket...

...The support guy told me that Line 6 could not convey that information because it would reveal their modeling technology...

but really the Line 6 support guy gave you such a response?
it is something completely absurd!

how can be possible to deduce the secrets of their modeling technology by responding in a clear manner to a so simple question?

by hurghanico on 2012-10-17 13:53:30

meambobbo ha scritto:

.....the "Drive" control acts like the pre-amp "Volume" control.  Master DEP is defaulted to 100%, and would not be adjustible on the original amp.  The inclusion of a variable Master is like having a modified version of the amp, where the Master DEP is a variable attenuator between the pre-amp and power amp sections of the amp.

absolutely true!

by cgtrox on 2012-10-17 21:41:44

Wow! Awesome bro, thanks! Just like stated above, pic is worth a thousand words...

cgtrox

by Akeron on 2012-10-18 04:42:02

Even more absurd if you think that the information was inlcuded in the POD Xt manual...

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-23 02:31:02

The support guy told me that Line 6 could not convey that information because it would reveal their modeling technology.

He went on recommending to set eveything to 12 o'clock and then adjust to what you like (now that's a new idea ;-( and very practical if one does not have the real amp )

Martin

I must agree with the others that have commented here, this really is a shockingly pathetic stance from the person you spoke to. As bad as it would be, I rather hope that this was the result of the individuals attempt to worm out of a question he did not know the answer to, rather than an official line 6 stance.

Now I dont know whether to ask that question I had regarding a tax form, I mean I dont want to seem like I am trying to uncover the governments secret fiscal planning.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.