These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Using Variax power supply for X3 Live
by jeunediv on 2012-10-17 02:25:42

Hi everybody,

Last night my x3 live suddenly went off during a rehearsal. It turned out to be a faulty connection on the px 2 power supply.

As I own a Variax as well, I was wondering if I could use the included power supply (MK A 48)  instead of the px 2. As far as I know, the specifics are the same on both supplies, so I could just plug it in and see what happens. But I wanted to make sure, before I got my x3 live fried :-)

My doubt is: why the PX 2 and the MK A 48 have different model names if they have the same specifics?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Using Variax power supply for X3 Live
by Triryche on 2012-10-19 06:23:40

If they have the same specs you should be fine. As far as I know the Variax uses the PX 2 which outputs 9V AC, 2,000mA.

Never heard that model number before, my guess is it's just an older one.

by silverhead on 2012-10-19 06:39:24

Yes, the current Variax power kit includes the PX-2, but I've never heard of the MK A 48, and a google search comes up pretty empty. I would be cautious about using it unless you're really sure about its specs. What model Variax do you have that came with that power supply?

by moondiv on 2012-10-19 08:42:58

Thanks for the reply.

The following is for future reference to other users.

The Variax is the 500 model, about 6-7 years old.

The MKA48 adaptor has exactly the same specs (AC as well, not DC, I'm aware of the issue) as the PX-2.

In the meantime, I found a pdf about a pod xt on the net. Apparently the MKA48 is the european version of the MW48, which is the american version of the SY, which in turn is the same as the PX-2!!! Confused? Well, Line 6 must have a twisted production/marketing department!

Maybe I'm just worrying too much :-)

I'll just plug it in and see what happens. In case of damage to my x3, I'll post lots of sware words in various languages...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.