These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

SLO Crunch Clip - Gary Moore and AC/DC
by meambobbo on 2012-10-18 18:27:42

http://soundcloud.com/meambobbo/slo-crunch">http://soundcloud.com/meambobbo/slo-crunch">http://soundcloud.com/meambobbo/slo-crunch

Patches on SoundCloud page.  Whatcha think?

Re: SLO Crunch Clip - Gary Moore and AC/DC
by rpinon69 on 2012-10-18 19:40:33

The AC/DC tones sound tight and spot on.  When you playing Thunderstuck it was nice warm tone on the treble side of things. Very nice!

by stevem48048 on 2012-10-18 20:25:13

IMO , They sound dead nutz bro . GJ

by dgtr on 2012-10-18 23:26:45

Sounds Great!

Imho a little less distortion

maybe from the pre-amp side

It'll open up the sound more.

Thanks for all your good work!

You've been a blessing on this forum.

Message was edited by: dgtr

by meambobbo on 2012-10-19 07:31:14

yeah - listening again def needs less distortion.  i always overestimate the amount initially.  force of habit.  but that's an easy enough adjustment.  hopefully people are enjoying these tones.  i sure am!

by wetredbox on 2012-10-19 08:29:54

sounds nice.  how would you get rid of that top end sizzle/fizz if you didn;t want that.  I am guessing you have a celestion type speaker sim?

by meambobbo on 2012-10-19 08:56:24

I use a Tread V-30 4x12 with 57 on axis in Channel A.  There's where any high-end harshness is coming from.  I use a Greenbacks with 4038 Ribbon in Channel B.  Using different cab/mics is an option, but will require more detailed rebuilding of the whole patch.  The EQ in Channel B is used to sync Channels A and B.  Removing it will create a comb filter, which might actually help roll off some high end...  Also, I know the Hiway 4x12 + 57 on axis could replace the Tread V-30 without having to change anything and worry about the channels getting out of sync, so you could try that.

Usually I use a Mid-Focus EQ to trim off the excessive high-end, but it's difficult to fit here.  I can actually fit it on the AC/DC patch, so I'll update that shortly.  The Gary Moore patch it will not fit; however, I do have a Tube Comp in the chain, which includes a Low Pass Filter with a cutoff frequency around 8kHZ if I remember correctly.  That is about how I set the Mid-Focus, so I don't think there should be too much of an issue there.

by toneman2121 on 2012-10-19 10:07:54

yeah, baby!

by rychester63 on 2012-10-27 04:09:20

Nice AC/DC patch ! Are you going to put this on customtone?

by meambobbo on 2012-10-27 10:10:55

when i finalize all my clips i will, but since customtone has no versioning feature, it takes too much time to keep reposting the same ones over and over

by johnpicton on 2012-10-27 10:32:11

rychester63 wrote:

Nice AC/DC patch ! Are you going to put this on customtone?

In the meantime the patches are on the original soundcloud page.

by vidaljuanes on 2012-10-27 11:01:26

Meambobbo, super buen sonido, se escucha calido y muy agradable.

felicitaciones desde Chile.

Meambobbo, super good sound, warm and very pleasant listening.
greetings from Chile

by scotty_burford on 2012-10-28 03:31:19

Great job!

by jimsreynolds on 2012-10-28 07:52:16

meambobbo wrote:

.. when i finalize all my clips i will ...

That is either a statement of eternal optimism or is the reason a pig just flew past my window ....

by meambobbo on 2012-10-29 12:20:19

lol  i'm totally busted

by jawgee on 2012-10-29 12:36:26

Nice tones, but yeah, a bit too much distortion on the AC/DC stuff.  I thought Angus used old Marshalls, though, like JTM45s or something like?

by meambobbo on 2012-10-29 12:52:12

yeah - I found I got a nice dirty deeds tone with that amp model, but Back in Black sounds more modern.  I think I had it dialed in pretty good with a Park model, or maybe the Plexi, but I found the SLO Crunch just sounded better.  If it's too much distortion, just back off the gain!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.