These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT25 sound dropped out
by dkleinjans on 2012-10-19 06:55:40

Hi, I've looked for any other discussions on this problem, but haven't found any. I was trying a DT25 along with my HD500 and JTV-59. We finished a song, and when I went to start the next one, I had no sound at all. I checked all the obvious things, like guitar volume, the volume pedal, whether the tuner was on, etc, but I couldn't find anything wrong. I powered the amp off and back on and the problem went away. After reading a bunch of posts, I bought a AES/EBU cable for the L6 Link, thinking that maybe I'd had a communication error. I had been using a regular mic cable. The same thing happened again. This time, I corrected it by switching to another patch on the HD, then back. It feels like a comm error. Any thoughts? If you don't change anything on the HD500, how often does it update control information on the amp? I was still in my trial period, so I sent the amp back, but I really liked it and would like to buy another one. I just can't have it cutting out in the middle of a performance. Thanks for any feedback.

Re: DT25 sound dropped out
by tdavidhedrick on 2012-10-23 07:38:21

Having the same problem

Has worked flawlessly for two+ years tho

Re: DT25 sound dropped out
by spikey on 2012-10-23 19:57:03

I am in agreement that it has to do with the xlr cable or the HD and the xlr cable when hooked into the DT25. Mine went silent, and so I hooked my strat directly into the DT25's 1/4 inch jack. Still no sound, until I pulled out the xlr cable going to the HD500. Immediate sound!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.