These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Update firmware failed on Ipad for Mobile In
by lystan on 2012-10-20 03:49:16

Hi, I am encoutering an issue when using the mobile in on the new ipad (IOS 6).

I launched the mobile pod app on the ipad and plug in the mobile in and it will prompt me that there is a firmware update available.

Once i click the update button, it will start to transfer the data to server, but it would stuck at the last step and gave me the error screen eventually as showing at the attachment .

Please advice how to solve it and update the firmware properly.

Thank you

Re: Update firmware failed on Ipad for Mobile In
by brian94gt on 2012-10-20 14:01:12

I too have this exact same issue. The download process begins and crashes at block 25856. I have both and iPhone4 and an iPad2 both running iOS6 multiple attempts result in the exact same error. I've tried different WAN connections to ensure its not my ISP, and have rebooted both devices to no avail...

by D150Pete on 2012-10-21 11:15:52

I have the same issue. New Mobile in delivered on Saturday. On first use it wanted to update the firmware. Crashes everytime at block 25856. Have tried it on my Ipad (V2) and iPhone (4S) both running iOS5 still.  The Mobile In still works but not great first experience.

by bittig on 2012-10-21 12:56:51

And me. :-(

by brian94gt on 2012-10-21 15:37:47

I second the poor first experience! Regardless of the firmware issue. The stability of the application is terrible. I spent more time trying to get a song to play in the terrible music player and watching it crash than I did jammin..

And how about trying to select a song in app?! Pshh.. Further the lame work around for playing along with iTunes no longer works in iOS6..

Major bummer for a true blooded Line6 fan.. Does it work? Well sorta.. My own work around? A headphone splitter and my iPod in combo with the iPhone.. I could just use garage band, my interface and the MacBook and be better off.

by Davie_99 on 2012-10-21 22:28:15

Same here.

Just baught it and tried the firmware update on 2 different devices. both failed. At my friend's device, the update went without any problem.

BTW, with the new firmware version (1.0.5) and with the new Mobile POD app version (1.2.3), one can make Mobile In to work on an iPod touch 4th generation. You will still get the annoying message "Unsupported IOS Device", but if you play one of the riffs that were added on the latest app version and then stop the riff, you're home free.

by D150Pete on 2012-10-22 15:01:39

Can't get the update to work. Overall not that impressed so it's now packed up for a refund. Apogee Jam or the new Focusrite iTrack look like alternatives but will not work with POD App I guess. Wish Line 6 would follow the model of others and charge for the software so that users can choose their own hardware interfaces.  Good Luck - I'm out of here. Pete

by Davie_99 on 2012-10-24 00:34:04

Update,

A new Mobile POD version has been released yesterday. Version 1.2.4.

With this version, the firmware update is successful, but it seems they have dropped down one FW version. Now 1.0.4 is installed instead of 1.0.5.

Anyway, The iPod touch trick still works with these 2 changes.

Best of luck.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.