These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1 - No sound in windows 7 64bit
by xcrisx on 2012-10-20 09:32:33

Hi, I just bought a UX1 2nd hand to replace my tascam US-122 as Ive upgraded to a 64 bit system, running windows 7 premium. the unit didnt come with any discs so I installed the drivers from this site and everything went smoothly until I tried to play music. at first I thought I was getting no sound, but discovered that when everything was up full I got a faint sound. The UX1 is set as the default sound device for input and output with both windows and Cubase 5. I installed Line Monkey and it updated the drivers but I still dont get any sound unless everything is up full. I tried connecting my stereo amp, pc speakers and guitar amp, but I get the same result every time.

whats gone wrong?

Re: UX1 - No sound in windows 7 64bit
by xcrisx on 2012-10-20 13:07:17

ive just spent about 3 hours installing and re-installing drivers and authorizations and bundled softwares, sometimes 4-5 times each, with line monkey, and none of it has made the slightest bit of difference.

can the UX1 be used with a 64 bit system, or can I just install the software for no real reason?

by xcrisx on 2012-10-22 06:16:06

well thanks for your help Line6. I'll definetly purchase your hardware again. honest.

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-22 06:24:26

this is a user forum now... if you want to contact line6 tech support go here: http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

but yes, it should work with 64bit.

by xcrisx on 2012-10-23 09:13:51

should but clearly doesnt. you wanna know what the advice I got was? 're-format your hard drive'.

yeah, thats what I'll do. I'll clear everything on my brand new i3 computer just to get this outdated buggy piece of crap working, or maybe it wont. the support from line6 is a joke.

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-23 11:09:42

I use mine on 64bit windows all the time...

I don't think formatting is the solution.... but you might check the control panel line6 utility to make sure things are set correctly... and also check your cables.... try headphones, etc that kind of thing.

by xcrisx on 2012-10-23 12:49:30

i did all of those things. i know how to install a soundcard, the UX1 simply doesnt work with Windows7 x64. the 'support' team even suggested that I uninstall any other program that might use the soundcard. its not even funny.

i took it back to the store today and got a refund. the tech there tried it and had no luck with it either. line6 havent released the drivers for it and are just sending customers round in circles rather than admit it. i wont buy anything from them again.

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-23 13:38:24

I've used windows 64bit for years now... so the drivers are out and mature... i think you got a bad unit....

in any case sorry to hear about the bad experience.

by infostic on 2013-02-05 05:18:50

I had a similar issue with my ux1 on win 7 64 bit os. Finally I emptied all usb ports and checked my ux1 connected to them. It worked I found it working on the 3rd port.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.