These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Assign Wah to Footswitch and EXP Pedal Toe Switch?
by Netfly on 2012-10-23 09:56:40

Hi,

Do you know guys if it's possible to assign i.e the Wah to a Footswitch and EXP Pedal Toe Switch at the same time? I would like to be able to activate the Wah and use it only when i need it.

At the moment I created 2 patches with/without Wah and I switch beetween them but it's not really optimised. In fact, the Wah activated change totally the sound of my patch and I can't get the same sound as my patch without the Wah. I problably need to look deeper in the Wah parameters but any help is welcome.

Thx

Re: Assign Wah to Footswitch and EXP Pedal Toe Switch?
by michaedr on 2012-10-23 10:26:15

You can have a one footswitch trigger multiple effects on/off, but I don't think that you can assign two different controllers to one effect. For myself, I just assign the wah to a toe switch.  That way I can start using the expression pedal as soon as it is activated. 

The wah will definitely change your sound when turned on.  That's kinda what it does.  Also, I have looked at this for a while but when I first started setting up my patches I noticed that just inserted the wah into the chain without it activated changed the tone! 

Just put on your toe switch.  That's how real wah pedals are turned on anyways.

by scottyo78 on 2012-10-23 11:09:08

Hey there,

I highly recommend this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6I6WCufEtk&feature=plcp

He">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6I6WCufEtk&feature=plcp">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6I6WCufEtk&feature=plcp

Hehas a couple other videos on the HD500.

This unit is so versatile it's nice to get others input on what it can do and how to do it.

And...

I think you can select the same effect to 2 different switches... I've done it (maybe not the same parameter?).

But with the Wah... I rarely use it just "on" in a static spot... it has to move.

You may want to limit the "min" and "max" range too (I'd think) cuz it has a LOT of throw. So much it sounds weird (not like the typical wah) but someone is bound to like that.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-10-24 02:10:38

+1 on the trick in the Glenn Delaunne video that Scotty posted.  I always mix a bit of the clean signal in with the wah now (less than Glenn, maybe 60-70% typically) and it does sound more musical to my ears.

scottyo78 wrote:

I think you can select the same effect to 2 different switches... I've done it (maybe not the same parameter?).

Scotty.  Are you sure about this?  It is my understanding that there is no way to assign multiple footswitches to a single effect.  You can assign an expression pedal (to a parameter) and a footswitch (to toggle the effect on/off) but not two footswitches.

by Netfly on 2012-10-24 09:26:14

Thanks, I'm going to analyse the process used by Glenn Delaunne. I forgot his video indeed

by Netfly on 2012-10-24 09:27:41

"You can assign an expression pedal (to a parameter) and a footswitch (to toggle the effect on/off)" Jim, so it's possible to do it with an effect but not with the Wah? No sure to understand what you mean by parameter

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.