These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.
MIDI dump ok but M13 not loading
on 2012-10-23 18:00:24
- I have a generic USB to MIDI cable.
- I've configured the MIDI setup on my MacBookPro.
- I've done a MIDI dump using SysEx.
- I'd like to restore the SysEx file but when I hit 'play' on the SysEx Librarian the M13 unit doesn't respond. I'm expectingn it to say something like 'Recieving SysEx file - Standby' in effects unit 4. This doesn't happen.
- The SysEx Librarian does respond with 'Sending message 1....'
- Nothing changes on M13 (I changed some setting on a scne to see if it restores the backup)
- Same when doing Scene dump/restore
Re: MIDI dump ok but M13 not loading
on 2013-01-07 23:55:44
For those interested, the problem I believe is the midi cable. It is a cheap generic one that is not sending midi to the M13 properly. From m13 to computer is fine but not the other way.
The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.