These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Monitoring and headphones
by tdollaway on 2012-10-24 16:56:30.3580

Just curious about how everyone here goes about dialing in tones. As in what do you use to monitor them. Headphones? Studio monitors? What brand and models?

I'm asking because I just picked up a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M-50s.  I usually dial everything in on the Mackie Th-12 that I use for stage monitoring.  The M-50s sound really bright in comparison.  I'm sure this has to do with the difference in frequency response between a good set of cans and a mid-grade FRFR monitor. 

I'm thinking that I'll use the Mackie for dialing in live tones and the M-50s for recording. Does sound like the right approach?

Re: Monitoring and headphones
by unperfectcircle on 2012-10-24 17:22:37.0780

I use studio monitors (Yamaha HS50M) to dial my tones; in my experience they translate very well when I plug my setup to a PA in a live situation.

Re: Monitoring and headphones
by CairnsFella on 2012-10-26 17:48:53.5340

I dare not use headphones. Or at least until I have gone though and adjusted every patch. the volume variation I have is HUGE between patches and I fear I may accidentally pop my eardrums though cans.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.