These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Monitoring and headphones
by tdollaway on 2012-10-24 16:56:30

Just curious about how everyone here goes about dialing in tones. As in what do you use to monitor them. Headphones? Studio monitors? What brand and models?

I'm asking because I just picked up a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M-50s.  I usually dial everything in on the Mackie Th-12 that I use for stage monitoring.  The M-50s sound really bright in comparison.  I'm sure this has to do with the difference in frequency response between a good set of cans and a mid-grade FRFR monitor. 

I'm thinking that I'll use the Mackie for dialing in live tones and the M-50s for recording. Does sound like the right approach?

Re: Monitoring and headphones
by unperfectcircle on 2012-10-24 17:22:37

I use studio monitors (Yamaha HS50M) to dial my tones; in my experience they translate very well when I plug my setup to a PA in a live situation.

Re: Monitoring and headphones
by CairnsFella on 2012-10-26 17:48:54

I dare not use headphones. Or at least until I have gone though and adjusted every patch. the volume variation I have is HUGE between patches and I fear I may accidentally pop my eardrums though cans.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.