These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

G90 Hissing/ Static and little audio output
by jfesta73 on 2012-10-25 11:55:18

Here's what I have:  G90 about 6 months old.  When its turned on, all I get is a HORRIBLE hiss and static coming from my amp.  I have green lights on the unit.  I have tried high and low settings, changing batteries, changing cable (from transmitter to guitar).  The hiss is severe, and the level of audio is almost nothing.  How do I go about getting this fixed.  This is not interference, as my bassist is using a g90 and my other guitarist is using a g50 in the same space.  I have had a few issues with this unit (cable was no good, transmitter didn't work [replaced by GC as this was a few days after I bought it]). I am frustrated and just need a working unit.  Any help appreciated.

Re: G90 Hissing/ Static and little audio output
by dboomer on 2012-10-25 12:44:42

Do you get noise when the transmitter is turned off?

Do you get the same noise from the tuner utput?

by Peterf54321 on 2012-11-07 09:19:13

I now have exactly the same problem with our Relay G90 system. It was working perfectly up to this point.

The same transmitter works with a different receiver unit so the problem is definitely related to the rack mount receiver.

We have tried every single channel and the problem remains the same.

The receiver shows that it is receiving RF.

This is a touring artist with a profile, please make suggestions of a solution a priority.

Peter

by dboomer on 2012-11-07 11:49:19

Can you please answer the 2 questions above?

by dboomer on 2012-11-07 21:20:54

Also ... have you checked to be certain that you have the correct antenna jacks switched on.  You need to tell the receiver whether the antennas are plugged in front, in the rear or both.

What firmware version are you running?

by Peterf54321 on 2012-11-08 04:54:50

We do not get the noise when the transmitter is turned off.

I am unable to check the tuner output at present as our backline is in transit today.

We do have the correct antenna switched on.

The unit was bought new in the last month so I assume it will have the most recent firmware. If not, would an update address this issue? I find no mention of it in the update details.

The unit was working perfectly half an hour previously, it hadn't even been turned off. The only unusual event was that another production within the same venue was also using 2 Line 6 systems. Could this have crashed the unit perhaps?

by dboomer on 2012-11-08 21:04:48

It is possible that other Line 6 units could be the problem.  Try switching the transmitter off and then scroll through channels on the receiver.  Look for the least amount of red LEDs on the RF ladder.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.