These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

DT 25 / HD 500 Bogner Bomber Uberschall. Can anyone make this thing sound good? what are the settings
by svenhalen on 2012-10-26 18:52:00

Marshall Fender Dr z .......Even the new Soldano I can make sound decent. The Bogner uberschall sounds so thin....and horrible.

I'm running

DT 25 / head and 1/12 line six cab.

hd 500 with AES/beu cable connected to the L6 link.

using the Stack power amp

all settings are correct...I've gone over and over this....this is my 3rd pedal becuase I keep thinking there is something wrong with these things.

the amp was bought new about 3 weeks ago and I've updated the firmware on the pedal (i've got the soldano mods).

The marshall JMP 100 sounds AWESOME....which makes me not want to give up on this rig.....

all the Fenders get great clean tones, so no problems there as well. It's just the hi-gain amps.

The ENGLE sounds really really really bloody great. tons of bottom end really smooth.

the bogner sounds like utter CRAP.....nothing I do can change this.....
i've heard people on youtube that have singing sounds with this.

YES i've tried putting this directly into a mixer with the XLR cables, and 1/4 cables....still sounds like crap...it actuallyh sounds better through the dt 25.

i'm stumped. Why would line 6 put out such a crappy sounding amp..

yes i'm using the PRE amps not the full ones.

Like I said, this is the 3rd pedal I've got now, this one is  a fresh one from line six, no one had opened the box. Same as the amp....brand spankin new.

I've got the original kidney pod with the 2.0 upgrade...which virtually walks all over this amp.

i've been using that through a small 15 watt Fender tube champ amp. that sounds awesome.

Again, the Marshall 100 JMP sounds awesome with a tube screamer in front of it...

what am I doing wrong ?

Re: DT 25 / HD 500 Bogner Bomber Uberschall. Can anyone make this thing sound good? what are the settings
by svenhalen on 2012-10-26 18:58:49

I should also mention, I'm a nube with this unit but I've been playing with Tube amps and solid state for years. my guitars are a Parker Night fly and an ernie ball John Petrucci Baratone family reserve..yeah the really nice one. Trust me I can make guitar amps sing.....but I"m fighting with this damn rig that is supposed to be incredible.....I don't usually ask for help like this but I have to be doing something wrong.

HELP !!!!!!
thanks all any tips are so much appreciated. I've been searching this forum for weeks and found nothing useful.

Re: DT 25 / HD 500 Bogner Bomber Uberschall. Can anyone make this thing sound good? what are the settings
by hollis1003 on 2012-10-27 08:40:35

The Line 6 Elektrik and the Bogner are very similar but I like the Elektrik better.

The most important thing to do is to start with the all the setting on 50 (noon) except the presence, keep that at zero.

The Mid on the Bogner and Elektrik has a major effect on the overal sound of both models.  I would say it changes the "shape" more than an actual mid cut or boost.

I usually set the presence very low, like at 20-25%.  I keep the Mid around 50-60%.  Move the Mid around until you hear the muddiness go away, then slowly raise the presence for more clarity.

When using the POD with the DT-50 I also use no cab modeling.  My main/favorite sound is the Elektrik. 

I just uploaded my favorite patch to use with my DT-50 HD and 4x12 cab.  It's called "Elekrik DT" and my user name is hollis1003.

by svenhalen on 2012-10-27 08:42:51

Thanks for the reply and suggestions, I'll give that a try today. You are totally correct that the line 6 Electrik and Bogner sound very similiar. I would appreciate knowing exactly what your settings are to get it sounding good, including pedals.

I totally appreciate your help here !!

by hollis1003 on 2012-10-27 08:52:00

I uploaded the patch but it is not imediately available for some reason.

Another one called "Elektrik Brown" is the one I use just through headphones or into a PA.  Also, turn the "Master" down on the power amp settings for the full amp model.

by PremiumJones on 2012-10-27 12:21:12

The Elektrik used to BE the Uber model, in versions prior to 1.2.

They changed the Uber in 1.2 to what it is now. People (myself included) cried out in despair cause we loved the original Uber model. They added it back in as the Eletrik in 1.3, with the "new" Uber staying as it was in 1.2, and thats how it is now.

For high gain tones, the Elektrik and Treadplate cover everything I could imagine using... the Angel isnt terrible either, but I just never found a need for it with the Treadplate and Elektrik being in there.

by svenhalen on 2012-10-27 19:20:31

So I test out your way of patching. The Amp model version of the Bogner, TreadPlate, Electrik sound great with the Master on zero...Why does line six put out the preamp version of these sound so crappy? I get that the pedal came before the DT series but really, you would think they would've known this already and fixed the preamp models. I also have tried the preamp models through my little fender champ amp (tube) which always sounds great, and its a total failure on all levels..thin buzzy, horrible sounding patches.

again, using the full amp models with the Master down sounds awesome.

Well hopefully line six will realize this and fix these patches for us DT owners.

if anyone else knows how to get around this (owning hd500 and dt amp) please come forth, would love to hear your solutions.

Steven

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.