These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Missing nut on Line 6 Spider need new nut
by davidja on 2012-10-27 19:26:26

My Line 6 Spider III has always had a loose nut and it seems to be a pretty common problem withe amp according to the forums I have read. This is my 3rd time trying to get information regarding buying a new nut to replace the missing input jack nut that fell off. I will pay for the nut and shipping and such. Someone just send me the information. I have bought several Line 6 products and I am really sad that their customer service is like this. Someone please restore my faith in Line 6

Re: Missing nut on Line 6 Spider need new nut
by fflbrgst on 2012-10-29 05:35:08

Do you mean the hex nut on the outside of the input jack?  Just go to a local electronics store (like Radio Shack) and buy a replacement 1/4" jack (should be less than $2), and use the nut from it.

by davidja on 2012-10-30 16:15:44

I took your advice and did just that. Waste of time. It did not fit. Line 6 moderater or somebody I just need a nut for the input jack. Why is the customer service so bad?

by fflbrgst on 2012-10-31 05:09:55

I'm surprised that it is not a standard jack, I'll have to look at mine at home.

Line 6 people don't look at these forums, it is a Community Support forum.  To contact Line 6, start a support ticket or in the US call 818-575-3600 (option 3) between 8am and 5pm PST Mon-Fri.

by fflbrgst on 2012-11-05 13:45:11

I looked at my SPider IV 75 - the input nut looks like a standard one, but its contained in what looks like some kind of plastic grommet - sorry, but I wasn't going to mess with mine to find out the exact nature of it.

by davidja on 2012-11-06 18:51:57

Thank you so much for trying. I really think you deserve something for all the help you provide in these forums, if you aren't getting anything already.

by fflbrgst on 2012-11-07 06:25:22

Line 6 and I do alright!   I'm using my Spider amp and PodFarm on songs for my next CD.  I used Gearbox and PodFarm on many track sof my first CD (you can buy a copy at Amazon - it won't make me rich - here:  http://tinyurl.com/adboy99)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.