These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

Is the Line Six Custom the same in both V70 and V75 or different?
by NathanStokes on 2012-10-30 12:40:48

Hello,

I have recently purchased my Line Six V75 but all the video's talking about the "Line6" Modelled Mic say that in the V70 it's as if they took all the best attributes of each mic to create a super Mic. Does the V75 also have the same Mic model? If so is it the "Line 6 custom"? What is the difference in the Mic models in the Line 6 V70 and V75?

Thanks,
Nathan

http://www.outlawrenegades.com

Re: Is the Line Six Custom the same in both V70 and V75 or different?
by RonMarton on 2012-10-30 15:09:13

As you surmised, the same "L6" model is carried over from the V70 to the V75, Nathan...

And (in my experience) it's the model that seems to appeal most to those singers that are used to condenser mics, such as Neumann's KMS 104 and 105.

(My original set-up contained four V-70 handhelds, but I then bought an additional V-75 handheld as part of an "upgrade kit" for my eight XD-V70 systems. You can click on my pink avatar at left to see more details of my location rig.)

All of the models from the V70 do also appear in the 75, but the latter also sports additional emulations of Sennheiser's e935 and AKG's D5.

Having checked out a couple of samples from your great website, I'd only add that the few Aussie bands that I've covered in your line of work (albeit most likely in much smaller venues) seem to settle for the b58 (Shure beta58) or o5 (Audix OM5) models, with just one male lead singer preferring the mid-range "cut-through" of the 41 (Audio-Technica AE4100).

by NathanStokes on 2012-10-31 10:37:10

I got a chance to try out my Line six at band practice I've used the Sennheiser Ew 835 for the past 5 years and I honestly think that the Line Six Custom mod sounded the clearest and best for my voice! It really cut through the mix! I've had a Beta 58 which is very nice sounding as well but after a bit of experimenting I think I will stick with the Line six Custom as I do throw in some clean vocals from time to time and I love the clarity Even the screams came through very nicely!

by RonMarton on 2012-10-31 11:47:56

"...I love the clarity..."

Me too, Nathan.

I'm also still struggling to believe that I now have the LIne 6 luxury of all those options instantly available at each individual source !

by dboomer on 2012-11-01 10:19:35

Sorry ... been locked of the board for a few days

The models in the V75 than have the same names are identical in both V75 and V70.  V75's have additional memory onboard that allows us to add the additional models that are not in the V70HH.

by NathanStokes on 2012-11-01 12:56:48

Awesome I look forward to using this mic for years to come! \m/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.