These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Extremely Distorted audio through Toneport UX2 with new Gateway laptop running Windows Vista 64bit
by wyldeman24 on 2009-05-26 00:38:18

Ok, about 3 weeks ago I got a new Gateway laptop.  I got home with it and installed the Vista 64bit drivers for Toneport on it and Gearbox.  Instantly when running Gearbox I hit my problem.  The audio is extremely distorted with constant pops and glitches.  If I plug in either my guitar or mic you can't make out anything being said or played.  For the guitar, a slight tone will come through now and again but it is still very distorted, and for the mic it only comes across as noise.  I know that isn't a problem with Toneport as hardware because currently I have it running on an older computer, however, I would like to be able to use it on my laptop for the portability.  If anyone has had this problem and fixed it and could shed some light on fixing it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Re: Extremely Distorted audio through Toneport UX2 with new Gateway laptop running Windows Vista 64bit
by cschovajsa on 2009-07-04 11:12:06

I have the same problem on a gateway 64 bit laptop. So far I have not been able to get this ux2 toneport to work. I

Re: Extremely Distorted audio through Toneport UX2 with new Gateway laptop running Windows Vista 64bit
by okang6 on 2009-07-15 20:03:20

i have a 64bit vista destop i built myself and since i got my pod studio ux2 a week and a half ago i cant get to use it because of pops and clicks and i tried everything they said to do on this site man i wish i still had my presonus audio box right now

by dacuriel on 2009-11-11 19:16:34

i have the same problem with my hp dv6 laptop i thought it could be fixed by putting my computer on high performance, but now it is worse than ever.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.