These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Authorized devices question.
by don-griz on 2012-11-03 00:41:30

Okay, this may may seem a bit convoluted; however, in my Authorized Devices list, I have used 7 out of 10 lifetime devices; however, 3 of them are the same computer. Once, I changed the name of my computer while reinstalling Vista to try to correct some Microsoft office problems and it counted it as a seperate device, and then upgraded to Windows 7 and that counted as number 2. And recently, I realized I needed a new motherbord and more powerful processor so that I could use more ramm (64-bit OS) in order to run my DAW with PodFarm2 and that counted it as a 3rd device. Basically, there are now 3 "Studio" computers which are really the same one. There is also a "Travel PC" which I found was not up to the task. Is there anyway to delete these "devices" which either do actually exist of are obsolete from my list? And what happens when you reach 10 authorized devices when only 4 of the ten actually exist?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Don

Re: Authorized devices question.
by kodack10 on 2012-11-04 01:35:37

Dear Line 6.

I just purchased a UX2 today and then spent another $200 to upgrade pod farm to platinum. That was before I looked at the

Authorization page and saw that there is a lifetime limit of 10 activations.

Why would you do this to your customers Line 6? Many people will blow through that 'lifetime' in less than a year. Even faster if

they encounter computer trouble and have to reinstall their operating system several times.

People dual boot operating systems, they upgrade hardware, change their operating systems, or because of computer trouble they often

have to reinstall them. Add to that that in just 1 installation I've used 2 out of 10 lifetime authorizations because I had to

authorize my computer as well as my UX2 interface, and you are giving people a grand total of 5 reinstallations for something they

spent hundreds of dollars or more on.

Please tell me it isn't the way it's looking to be because I really don't want to have to return my UX2 and get a refund for the

platinum upgrade. But I will if I have to, because I would rather spend that $400 on real hardware because real steel doesn't have

lifetime authorization limits. It doesn't go 'poof' simply because you had some pc trouble.

Re: Authorized devices question.
by hulbert on 2012-11-04 01:59:47

Hi,

I don't know the exact details but I do know that the Line 6 people reset people's limits. I think if  they see that it is a case of changing things round etc. rather than 10 real devices etc., I am pretty sure they will reset your amounts.  Maybe the best thing to do would be to go to support up top right of page and click contact technical support and then contact technical support on page after that too.

God Bless,

David

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.