These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

Who is able to actually use the DT-50/25 update?
by hollis1003 on 2012-11-05 12:25:22

I can't start a poll so I figured I'd ask this way.

I have updated my DT-50 but without any help on how to actually access the benefits of the update it's useless.  Midi-Ox is probably a great program and I have read through the help guide, tried googling for information, and it's like learning a new language with a different alphabet (like Chinese).

Has anyone else been successful? 

Re: Who is able to actually use the DT-50/25 update?
by TheRealZap on 2012-11-05 14:16:31

just added some info here: http://line6.com/support/message/398742#398742

that may help....

by lowellhall on 2012-11-19 23:20:57

I was just thinking that, got the update and was very excited. Then when I started reading how to actually use it I got totally lost, hopefully someone can make a step by step guide for people like us. It also doesn't help that I don't have any IOS devices!

by hollis1003 on 2012-11-20 03:49:11

I was able to finally load in new amp models into the 8 slots but not without hours of research and screwing things up.  It was very frustrating.  Also, if you don't write down what changes you made, you might forget what amps or reverbs are loaded in.

Line 6 must come out with some kind of edit controller for the DT series, otherwise it was a waste of time to even release this update.

by chrisolson68 on 2012-11-20 06:30:37

It took me two tries to update, but since I read about the issues people were having troubles, I expected some headaches.  Went fine when I clicked it the second time, but got the 800000000000000000x error everyone else was getting. 

Then the MidiOx...  Pulled my hair out for about 2 hours, and then figured out accidentally that I had some setting that wasn't right.  Once I figured that out, it went JUST LIKE the video tutorial. 

Now...I'm SUPER HAPPY with this amp.  I use it in conjunction with the Line 6 M13, and it's simply awesome!  It is making my AxeFx 2 a little lonely...  ;)

by scottwilliams on 2012-11-20 06:49:03

Hi - not sure if this is the right thread for my question, but I own a DT25 and HD500....Will this update to the DT25 allow me to do anything that I can't already do with the HD500 using the link?  

I do like the idea of having more amp sounds ready to go on the DT 25 without needing the HD500 (as a back up or simpler set up) - in terms of switching between the newly available amps sounds on the DT25, can you somehow now also footswitch between more amps as opposed to the amp A ampB that's there already?

If I'm already using the HD500 to control the DT25, what would be the advantage(s) of the upgrade?

by TheRealZap on 2012-11-20 08:23:55

the upgrade won't add much for dream rig use...

the update is primarily for standalone use of the DT amps...

by jc_anderton on 2012-11-20 23:41:03

My upgrade went fine, and it took no more than ten minutes to assign 8 new models to the 8 slots, so far the SLO has taken over from the Park for my Marshally sounds and for high gain I now have a choice between the treadplate and the Uber.  It would be nice to be able to save patches, I'm  thinking about a midi pedal that sends CC to change amps on the fly, but other than that the upgrade has made an already good amp great!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.