These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Ableton won't allow recording all POD Farm effects, models, etc.
by rbuckel on 2012-11-07 15:45:14

There's probably a discussion on this already but I couldn't find it.  Here's what I have.  POD Farm 2.5, UX1 and Ableton Live Lite 7.  When I play my guitar through POD Farm and listen through head phones I can use most, if not all of the amp models, effects, etc., which I presume some are actually part of POD Farm Platinum (maybe not).  Anyway, when I go to record in Ableton the effects I hear are not recorded, just a dry guitar tone is what gets recorded.  Is this because I need to upgrade to POD Farm Platinum to record all of the effects (etc.) that I can hear in POD Farm 2.5? 

I'm trying to decide if I need to upgrade of if I am not set up correctly.

Thanks!

Re: Ableton won't allow recording all POD Farm effects, models, etc.
by rbuckel on 2012-11-12 09:59:59

Okay, I answered my own question.  No, I do not need to purchase POD Farm Platinum to record the effects from POD Farm 2.5 in Ableton Live Lite 7. 

For anyone who doesn't already know (probably no one ) the Mixer View allows me to do the two things I did not realize I could do with my UX1 and POD Farm 2.5. 

1) I can hook up both a Mic and my Guitar to the UX1 and specify the input for each in either Channel A and Channel B.  Of course, I have to have a "Dual" setup specified for this.

2) To get the effects that I've assigned to each channel (device) I then have to also set the "record" drop-down from "Dry Input" to "Tone A" or "Tone B".  This gets my effects into Ableton when recording. 

Here's a good resource:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/browse/article.jsp?mediaId=m710484

Re: Ableton won't allow recording all POD Farm effects, models, etc.
by Triryche on 2012-11-12 12:01:08

Glad you figured it out!!

Assuming you have a newer (black faced) POD Studio that came with the PF plug-in, a workflow that many use is to capture both wet and dry while recording.

Then you can add the plugin to the dry post processing. That way you  you aren't married to a tone while getting your ideas recorded.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.