These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm not hardware independent? What if I upgrade to Platinum?
by FlashX on 2012-11-09 18:46:53

Hey, I got the Studio UX1 not too long ago, and Pod Farm is great.  However, I saw that Pod Farm 2.5 is now supposed to be hardware independent, meaning I should be able to use it regardless of what interface I'm using, in case I decide to upgrade in the future.  However, mine doesn't seem to have that option.  Therefore, whenever I try to mix one of my projects, I only hear the dry guitar signal unless I have the UX1 connected.  This is a pain because I only have 1 free USB port, which I use to access my external drive with the projects saved on it.  I did buy the UX1 secondhand off of eBay, however, so does that have anything to do with Pod Farm being independent, because I am not the original license owner?

Also, I'm planning on upgrading to Platinum soon.  If I buy the Platinum upgrade, will I receive a new license which will then enable me to run Pod Farm without the UX1?  If not, I'll probably end up buying the model packs, seeing as that is cheaper.

Thanks!

Re: Pod Farm not hardware independent? What if I upgrade to Platinum?
by TheRealZap on 2012-11-09 18:53:20

it's only hardware independent... if you buy the pod farm 2.5+ license independent of hardware....

if it's included with your UX1... the UX1 owns the license not you... and therefore... no UX1 = no license....

but yes, if you paid for the upgrade to plainum independently... you would have a hardware independent license.

by FlashX on 2012-11-09 20:20:47

So, I should buy the Platinum upgrade for my UX1 or for computer?  Is there really any difference?

by TheRealZap on 2012-11-10 05:07:39

there's no difference which one you buy... once you buy it, it will belong to your account and you can use it anyway you see fit.

another note... you can also buy a pod farm standard license to achieve hardware independence... platinum is not required....

probably not something you want, since you indicated a desire for the model packs... but someone may appreciate that note.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.